VISA QUESTION FOR CARIBBEAN CRUISE

MARKJAN98

I am a USA citizen, my wife is a Philippine citizen and permanent resident of the USA. She has her green card.  I am trying to determine if she needs any visas for our cruise in January on the Holland America cruise line, which has one day stops in Martinique, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Thomas, Antigua and Bahamas. The website VISAHQ.COM indicates that she is OK for all countries (on a one day cruise stop) except Martinique. I managed to contact the French Embassy, and they told me that she does not need a visa for a one day cruise stop in Martinique. So everything was fine. The problem is that the Holland America Visa Coordinator now tells me that she needs a visa for St. Lucia, Barbados and Martinique, and cannot board the ship without these visas. I am still arguing with her about this, asking her to explain the advice I received from the French Embassy and VISAHQ.COM. No reply yet from Holland America. The representative for VISACENTRAL.COM (referred to me by my travel agent) tells me that my wife needs visas for St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. Interesting, Holland America says my wife doesn't need one for Antigua! And she left out Martinique! Why am I receiving so much conflicting advice? And more importantly, does my wife need any visas for this cruise? When I first booked the cruise, my travel agent told me that Holland America told him that my wife would not need any visas for this cruise, but that I should check with the embassy of each country being visited, just to make sure. I am still waiting to hear back from St. Lucia and Barbados. However, would it really matter if the embassies tell me that she doesn't need any visas, if the Holland America Visa Coordinator is telling me that my wife cannot board the ship without the visas? Do you think she can board the ship for this cruise? Does she need any visas? We will be flying from California to Florida to board the ship, it's a long way to fly to find out that you can't board. I also want her to be able to join me on the one day excursions, without a visa problem making that impossible. Thanks a million for any advice you can provide.

2 hours ago, MARKJAN98 said:

I am a USA citizen, my wife is a Philippine citizen and permanent resident of the USA. She has her green card.  I am trying to determine if she needs any visas for our cruise in January on the Holland America cruise line, which has one day stops in Martinique, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Thomas, Antigua and Bahamas. The website VISAHQ.COM indicates that she is OK for all countries (on a one day cruise stop) except Martinique. I managed to contact the French Embassy, and they told me that she does not need a visa for a one day cruise stop in Martinique. So everything was fine. The problem is that the Holland America Visa Coordinator now tells me that she needs a visa for St. Lucia, Barbados and Martinique, and cannot board the ship without these visas. I am still arguing with her about this, asking her to explain the advice I received from the French Embassy and VISAHQ.COM. No reply yet from Holland America. The representative for VISACENTRAL.COM (referred to me by my travel agent) tells me that my wife needs visas for St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. Interesting, Holland America says my wife doesn't need one for Antigua! And she left out Martinique! Why am I receiving so much conflicting advice? And more importantly, does my wife need any visas for this cruise? When I first booked the cruise, my travel agent told me that Holland America told him that my wife would not need any visas for this cruise, but that I should check with the embassy of each country being visited, just to make sure. I am still waiting to hear back from St. Lucia and Barbados. However, would it really matter if the embassies tell me that she doesn't need any visas, if the Holland America Visa Coordinator is telling me that my wife cannot board the ship without the visas? Do you think she can board the ship for this cruise? Does she need any visas? We will be flying from California to Florida to board the ship, it's a long way to fly to find out that you can't board. I also want her to be able to join me on the one day excursions, without a visa problem making that impossible. Thanks a million for any advice you can provide.

Cruise line and foreign country passport/visa requirements don't necessarily agree. If you want to get on that ship, meet the cruise line's published requirements (get them in writing).

As for visa for excursions: the issue is visa for the "country."!Whether you get off or stay on the ship is irrelevant.