Opening time at the port Galveston

cruisnhillbilly

As Platinum you need to do as Cruiserbarbie says and select a checkin time, but as I'm sure you already know, it make no difference what time you can be let into the port building. You can disregard your checkin time and go as early as you want.

As for how early that can be, I'm not 100% sure. I know that I've been to the port as early as 9:30 and they were letting the VIPs in at that time, I can't confirm if it's any earlier.

But one note to be aware of, the time they let you in depends on whether or not there was a delay in debarkation from the previous cruise. If it's delayed and they ask people to arrive at the port later, they most likely won't let you in at that time, Platinum or not.

You may be allowed into the terminal early, but if they are not ready for boarding, you will sit. So be sure you have your cell phone in your reservation.  If there is a delay, they will text you or you can check facebook, John Heald with pass on information regarding unscheduled delays in boarding

I won’t sail Carnival out of

Galveston because you can’t buy Cheers until day two, but as a general rule Carnival allows passengers into the terminal around 10:00 AM.  However, as previously mentioned delays can occur for numerous reasons. 

My wife and I are both Platinum and we usually arrive at a port around 10:30 AM. After dropping off luggage and checking in, this usually limits are wait time in the terminal to no more than 15 minutes or so before we board the ship.