Day in Martinique

luv2bcruzng

It has been many years since we were in Martinique and have a few questions for those who have been there recently.

1.  Are there any relatively nice beaches close to the Port?  We would prefer not having to take a ferry or traveling an hour by taxi.

2.  Are there any nice hotels that we could get a day pass for?  Or just pay for the cost of the chairs?

3.  Any nice restaurant that we could walk to - or short taxi ride to- for lunch?

Thanks for the information,

Reba

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

http://www.karamboletoursmartinique.com/infos/english.html?lang=fr

Enjoyed  the Pile et Face tour of the island with them last year. 

How long is karambole tour & does it stop at a beach?  Is it suitable for someone who cannot walk a lot, uses a manual wheelchair?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recently called twice at Martinique - best beach is Anse Mitan, its the first ferry stop on a weekend or the second stop on a weekday.  It has a narrow golden sandy beach with sun loungers and umbrellas for hire , we paid €25 for 2 beds plus brolli. The  further side from the restaurant/cafe, the opposite side of the small pier is an outcrop of rocks with absolutely fabulous marine life , shoals of multi coloured fish with an abundance of hard and soft coral.

The public ferry operates from the town pier and runs every 40 mins across the bay to the only beaches suitable for a cruise day and costs €7 or US$10 return/pp. 

Edited by jody75
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, OCruisers said:

The beaches we've been in Martinique were "top optional" if that's of any importance to you.

Some really enjoy having that option.  

I did not know that but it makes perfect sense being French, we used to go to Orient Beach on St. Maarten the French side of the island and as we all know, I always thought was "clothing optional"  my girlfriend and myself we didn't wear anything just like everyone else which really wasn't very many people, it was WONDERFUL. We were on Orient Beach in '01-'02-'03 the only thing there was the dive shop at the end of the beach.

Martinique I was there just a few months back, I'm planning a cruise now back to this destination. Did an island tour never really saw a beach(probably a good thing😃) that's different, it makes perfect sense. I certainly appreciate this info., this means I get to spend the day with Christelle again. 😎