Crowded Cruise Ship Schedule for 1/31/2019

IWannaGetAway

Hello Everyone!

We are scheduled to tender in George Town from the Breakaway on 01/31/2019.  I checked the schedule on Cruise TT and saw we are one of seven ships scheduled for the same date!  Wow!  Approximately 21,000 people!  We were hoping to catch a cab to seven mile beach/ Calico Jacks.  I am concerned with this many people there may be a back up of traffic that could prevent us from getting to and from just about anywhere when we want or need to go.  I have pretty much decided to just go ashore when we feel like it and decide when we get there what we want to do.  Does anyone else have any experience with this heavy of a schedule?  What did you decide to do?  I  have yet to see a ship sponsored shore excursion that sparks much interest.  Been to stingray city.  Loved it, but would prefer something different.  They want too much money for turtles, lava rocks, and rum cakes.

Thanks so much for your input!

The traffic in the late morning/afternoon DOES back up considerably, whether there are 2 or 7 ships!  Not EVERYONE will be doing the same thing...and ports only accept what they can handle.

Hop on the bus and head to the Calico Jacks area....the beach is only steps from the road, so you can keep an eye on the returning traffic....leave yourself plenty of time to get back.  When you're ready to go, simply walk to the road and the next bus will stop, if one isn't already there!

There is also a chance of not docking at Georgetown. When we were there last we had to go around to the side of the island and get tendered to a basically fenced parking lot. Our excursion "left without us". It worked out and we grabbed a mom and pop excursion offered in the parking lot and had a great time but never saw the actual port. Just the dock and parking lot on the other side of the island.