shore excursion in Kotor, Montenegro

Asking for thoughts / opinions / info on a shore excursion I am pondering from the cruise port of Kotor, 7AM-9PM. 

7 hr excursion ---visiting Njegusi (wine, bread, meat tasting), Budva (town with lunch), Kotor at leisure

• 4 weeks later...

HI Route, We were in Kotor last 22nd July and did a private tour with Mont Travelers. We booked through Viator but now when I have business cards of the agency I can share contact details with others. Hope it will be useful for you and all others who will try to find a good tour agency in Kotor. So, this is the website which I recommend www.monttravelers.com  We were truly satisfied with the service. It was a nice day. We made a very good decision booking with them.  Have fun there 🙂 

Best day ever on all our cruises was a Tours by Local in Kotor where we did a morning city tour then went out to the Lady of the Rock  church on a speed boat and spent the afternoon at the mussel farm, eating mussels, drinking cheap wine and swimming with the mussels.   Hanging out on the rail during sailaway of beautiful Kotor Bay we pointed to where we had been and the people next to us “How the H... did you get there!!!”   Explore and experience!  Loved the Adriatic ports!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with M Tours.  They do an awesome job and there’s nothing like viewing Kotor from way up in the hills.  We pretty much did the same thing the above poster did, but you can choose your own itinerary.  They will help you and make suggestions as how to best utilize your time.  We shared the tour with friends we were traveling with and the price was very reasonable for a full day tour.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, QueenP said:

Nancy  what was your favourite part of the day there? What would you recommend we see?

I loved it all...Perast/Our Lady of the Rock, Budva, and viewing the bay of Kotor from the top.  We were fortunate because we had stopped in Kotor on our first leg of our B2B Cruises.  The first day we were there we went to Kotor Old Town on our own.  We enjoyed that as well.  The sail into Kotor was breathtaking.  We were up early for that and we had an aft balcony just below the sunset bar with fabulous views.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 3:05 PM, midwestchick said:

I loved it all...Perast/Our Lady of the Rock, Budva, and viewing the bay of Kotor from the top.  We were fortunate because we had stopped in Kotor on our first leg of our B2B Cruises.  The first day we were there we went to Kotor Old Town on our own.  We enjoyed that as well.  The sail into Kotor was breathtaking.  We were up early for that and we had an aft balcony just below the sunset bar with fabulous views.

We will be sailing in early April with a Starboard cabin.  We are not planning on going to Lady of the Rock but would at least like to see it on the way in.  I realize I will need to be out and about and on port side, but just wondering, so we get close enough to get a decent picture?

On 2/16/2019 at 10:40 AM, Ready to Sail! said:

We will be sailing in early April with a Starboard cabin.  We are not planning on going to Lady of the Rock but would at least like to see it on the way in.  I realize I will need to be out and about and on port side, but just wondering, so we get close enough to get a decent picture?

You could go up to the Sunset Bar or deck 5.  I wish I knew how to oost pictures.  I would post the one I got from our balcony.

In 2017, we took a arranged a Montenegro tour with Kotor Tours.  kotor.tours  info@kotor.tours  Ivan and Boris were most helpful in arranging an itinerary to suit our wishes.  On the way back, there was a bus blocking the only road.  We were in danger of missing the boat, but the driver made a call and when we arrived at the tender dock, the Princess crew was waiting for us.