RCL Mariner of the Seas vs Caribbean Princess

darlene19

DH and I are trying to plan a eastern Caribbean cruise for our anniversary this June. We have sailed on Disney (honeymoon) and HAL (I've also been on NCL - never again), and was wondering which of these 2 are most similar to HAL or Disney. We really enjoyed our time on HAL (we've done 2 with them) and the Disney one was waaaay above our expectations (where do they hide the kids!?!?!?). The feeling I'm getting with both of these ships is that the food is just so so. I really thought HAL did an excellent job, and quite frankly we look forward to the delicious fare on a cruise. We are relatively young (30 ish), but tend to be very relaxed. The rock-climbing wall and ice-skating rink don't interest us. We take a vacation to relax and do nothing. If we wanted to be doing stuff constantly, we'd stay home :)

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? We'd greatly appreciate it!

Commenting about food is always difficult in that it is a persona opinion. Overall, we found the food on Princess to be somewhat better than the food served on HAL. But, again, for every person who shares my view I'm sure there are others who think just the opposite.

I would tell you that for mass market cruise lines (Princess, HAL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, etc.) that Celebrity consistently gets ranked as having the best food of all the mass market lines. And, that is my opinion as well. I thought the food on Celebrity was the best of any of the mass market lines I have sailed to date.

Keith

I can't comment on the comparison question as I've never sailed HAL or Disney but I can compare the two ships you mentioned. They are very close to each other for service, food etc. My choice would be Mariner ( I'm partial to her:o ) although for the vacation experience you seem to be looking for, I would recommend the CB. You will have total relaxation and enjoy MUTS but activities are not so much a part of the cruise if you do not want them to be. In any event. you will be upon the sea and that can never be a bad thing, right?:D

Archived