Allure Chops Menus/Star Class Questions

Hello!

I'll be sailing star class on allure in a few short weeks. I wanted to find out A) if anyone has any recent Chops menus from allure. I'm specifically looking to see if dry aged steaks are on there or not, I had heard they went away but appear to be popping up in some places again. 

Second! With being star class, I know you can have them bring food to your room whenever, and they like to do afternoon snacks for you. first, does that mean I can call up any time chops is open and order up a steak? And second? For afternoon snacks could I say please send up am assortment of sushi each day or something like that? Just curious what exactly is included or normally done, star class info is still somewhat scarce.

Thanks!

We sailed Star Class on Oasis 2 weeks ago- I don't recall seeing the dry aged steaks on the menu

As far as afternoon snacks, we had an email from our Genie about 2 weeks before that listed the various snacks we could have and indicated our preference. Sushi was on there- but just a word of warning- if you aren't in your room when the snacks are delivered, they just sit on the table, so you may want to consider that when asking for sushi. Our Genie made a point of sending several different snack every day and alternating what we got on the various days.

We only ordered breakfast from Coastal Kitchen to our room, so I'm not sure dinner/steaks/etc to the room work.

We sailed in Star Class on Allure on October 21st and the dry aged steaks were not on the Chops menu. You can order anything from any restaurant as long as it is when the restaurant is open, so yes you can get a steak from Chops if they are open for lunch. Dizney is correct about the snacks, they will bring Sushi when you want it each day and will tell you the time (you can request anytime that works for you), but if you wanted specific items from Izumi, they will have to be open for regular service. Ask your Genie anything and they will work to make it happen, especially with food. You will really enjoy it. Which cabin are you in and who is your Genie?

@Sorcerer Tim @Dizneydreamer_PABoth helpful answers, I may have them adjust snacks or talk with them a bit. We're in 9730 (2 bedroom aqua theater suite), don't know who our genie is yet (we're 32 days out). 

Who did you have Tim?/did you enjoy everything? Any general info you found surprising?

Thanks!

Philip was our Genie and he was outstanding. We ate in every specialty restaurant and got whatever we wanted with a bill of $0.00. We did not do the Chef's Table just because that is not our type of thing, but it was included. The wine pairing would have been extra, but at a discount. I would highly recommend the tapas at Vintages, we had been on three prior Oasis class sailings, one after they added Star Class and two before, but never thought to try it. It was delicious and again $0.00. Philip arranged a reception for our Cabin Crawl group of around 50 or so in our suite and he did a much better job than I could have. We had hot and cold appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks and while it was not included in our fare, we did get a pretty good discount so it worked out to just over $20/pp. It was a lot of fun and a nice end to the cabin crawl. We love Macrons and ended up leaving with six or seven boxes even after giving a couple away so be prepared to get more snacks than you can eat. You will really enjoy it. We did!

10 hours ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

Philip was our Genie and he was outstanding. We ate in every specialty restaurant and got whatever we wanted with a bill of $0.00. We did not do the Chef's Table just because that is not our type of thing, but it was included. The wine pairing would have been extra, but at a discount. I would highly recommend the tapas at Vintages, we had been on three prior Oasis class sailings, one after they added Star Class and two before, but never thought to try it. It was delicious and again $0.00. Philip arranged a reception for our Cabin Crawl group of around 50 or so in our suite and he did a much better job than I could have. We had hot and cold appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks and while it was not included in our fare, we did get a pretty good discount so it worked out to just over $20/pp. It was a lot of fun and a nice end to the cabin crawl. We love Macrons and ended up leaving with six or seven boxes even after giving a couple away so be prepared to get more snacks than you can eat. You will really enjoy it. We did!

Thanks for letting us tour your room and for providing the wonderful reception.  It was great meeting you and your wife.  Look forward to seeing you on another cruise. 

We have done 4 Star Class cruises (3 on Harmony and 1 on Allure) and have 3 more booked (all on Anthem) and I can tell you that we've never been denied anything we've asked.  Of course, we don't ask for anything outrageous, either.

I had heard that the dry aged steak had been removed from the Chops menu and then I heard recently that it had been added back so I don't know if the latter is true or not.  

The only "bad" thing about being Star Class (besides never wanting to sail again without a Genie !) is that there are LOTS of interruptions.  It seems like there's someone knocking on your door every 10 minutes for one thing or another.  My husband becomes quite annoyed and refuses to answer the door after about the 4th or 5th time in a day.  Consequently, on our last SC cruise we asked the Genie to please try and minimize the intrusions...which worked to some degree but since not all of the housekeeping or restaurant folks report to him/her it's not really possible. Just be prepared to be very POPULAR.

We were in 9730 on Harmony a while back.  Really nice room.  We did 3 ATS before we finally decided that the walk was just too much and have now settled on Deck 17 exclusively (at least on the O class ships).  Much more convenient but I will say.....there's nothing quite like the balconies on Deck 8.

As for "interruptions" - LOL, it does seem like someone is always stopping by LOL.  I put out the Do Not Disturb sign a LOT.  Not ideal; however, I have a habit of taking a nap in the afternoon (on the balcony or inside if too hot/cold/whatever) - it's the only time in life I get that luxury.  So, the DND sign seems to be the best method to keep the interruptions to a minimum.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, frank808 said:

Thanks for letting us tour your room and for providing the wonderful reception.  It was great meeting you and your wife.  Look forward to seeing you on another cruise. 

This!! It was a pleasure meeting you and Judy.  The spread was amazing and you guys had a wonderful time as did all of us!  

2 minutes ago, Foodluvr said:

This!! It was a pleasure meeting you and Judy.  The spread was amazing and you guys had a wonderful time as did all of us!  

We will see you two again.  Hope your leg is better now.  We will be on Liberty in Oct 2019 for the Halloween cruise if you want to join us.  Thought it would be cheaper airfare wise and boy was I wrong.  Cheaper to fly to MCO or FLL than into IAH or HOU for october. 

13 hours ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

Thanks Frank, it was pleasure meeting you and your family as well. We are looking at Anthem in November of 2019, could be fun.

I echo Frank’s sentiment. Thank you for the “party”. It was wonderful . We were a couple doors down from you and had a great time. Trying to find as good a deal as we got on that Allure cruise, but so far can’t find anything as compelling. 

mac_tlc

When we sailed Star Class on Oasis in August, we had Chops delivered to our Aquatheatre Suite one night. Boy, it’s a lot of food when it’s all delivered at once!!!

In fact, here is a tip. Have the entree delivered about 30 minutes after everything else. Better chance of it being hot that way, otherwise it has time to cool down as you work your way through the soup, and appetizer(s). 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc