Shame on RC shows!

prmet

Again... Such a very subjective matter...

3 Years ago once the Allure came in Europe I had the privilege to have a Black Methodist Church Choir as Headliner show. Wonderful, alongside all the other regular Allure shows... But again: The smaller the ship, the less impressive shows tend to be... And the Oasis class is the biggest in the world!... 🙂

Regarding MSC that is so mentioned in this thread it's good to mention that due to their very international multinational passenger mix, they need to cut on speaking acts and to "abuse" on the visual ones. As per "headliners" of some sort they have less of them, but I have had some nice ballet groups or guest choirs as well.

Have a nice day!... 🙂

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

My favorite RCI entertainer ever, is the guy at the pub who does Johnny Cash covers... saw him on Indy and love him!!!

Sounds like the guy on the oasis now , he was excellent sounded like Cash, I requested some Jerry Jeff Walker which he played, however my favorite of all time for pub was Derek Lewis and his adult daycare he would play for hours without a break , very talented and funny all his shows were standing room only, can not understand why they stopped booking him.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Once Upon a Time is a production show in the theater, we enjoyed it very much when we sailed Freedom.  It is based on a bunch of fairy tales, thus the once upon a time...

Just saw this on Independence.  Really enjoyed it.

We also had an accepelo group called ReVoice that was excellent.  And Grease was really well done.  Was quite pleased with the shows.

Edited by LuCruise

We were there last week. Agree the production shows are a little dated. Our friends loved them though.we thought the accapella group was decent. We really enjoyed the Great Dubois.

If you have seen the ice shows on the newer ships you may be disappointed In The FR Ice show. However, we had a good number of friends onboard that thought the ice show was good (but they haven’t seen the SY, etc show)

Edited by skiiergirl