HAL Neptune Suite Amenities Question

seatrial

21 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

2. Deck 7 half way between the forward and midship elevators.  

1. Yes, some have.  On the Pinnacle ships you can dine in the Club Orange area for breakfast (vs Pinnacle Grill formerly) and for dinner.  In the Neptune Lounge they serve you, no self service on the snacks and beverages.

Thank you.  That is helpful.  This is my first suite experience and I am getting pretty excited about this cruise.  

17 hours ago, steve4031 said:

Thank you.  That is helpful.  This is my first suite experience and I am getting pretty excited about this cruise.  

I am sure you will have a fabulous time. My experience on the 3 post-restart cruises Mirror DaveOKC's. Koningsdam is a beautiful ship and you will not be disappointed. I prefer the Pinnacle Grill suite breakfast to the Club Orange, but C.O. provides a nice breakfast and is an upgrade for dinner. If you have some spare time, skim through the three live threads linked in my signature. They are all post-restart Neptune Suites and two onboard Koningsdam. Lots of pictures and details of the experience. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zgscl said:

I am sure you will have a fabulous time. My experience on the 3 post-restart cruises Mirror DaveOKC's. Koningsdam is a beautiful ship and you will not be disappointed. I prefer the Pinnacle Grill suite breakfast to the Club Orange, but C.O. provides a nice breakfast and is an upgrade for dinner. If you have some spare time, skim through the three live threads linked in my signature. They are all post-restart Neptune Suites and two onboard Koningsdam. Lots of pictures and details of the experience. 

I enjoyed your march cruise on the Koningsdam.  That was very helpful.  I have an aft  corner Neptune suite on deck 4.  Your photos were of an aft corner neptune suite.  Those photos of the balcony are mind blowing.  This will be the perfect balcony for an Alaskan cruise.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steve4031 said:

I enjoyed your march cruise on the Koningsdam.  That was very helpful.  I have an aft  corner Neptune suite on deck 4.  Your photos were of an aft corner neptune suite.  Those photos of the balcony are mind blowing.  This will be the perfect balcony for an Alaskan cruise.  

Oh you will love it. The pictures really don't even do it justice. The balcony is just so big. Make 50 friends and invite them for a cocktail party! 

9 hours ago, zgscl said:

Oh you will love it. The pictures really don't even do it justice. The balcony is just so big. Make 50 friends and invite them for a cocktail party! 

That table on the back balcony is perfect for a room service meal.  I think it would not be windy because we are at the back of the ship.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve4031 said:

That table on the back balcony is perfect for a room service meal.  I think it would not be windy because we are at the back of the ship.  

Just know that ALL Neptune Suites have tables on the balcony suitable for eating on. Yes, the Deck 4 aft corner Neptunes have huge balconies. But the rest aren't shabby either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, steve4031 said:

It can be very windy on the side part but if you go around to the back it is very lovey. 

2 hours ago, zgscl said:

It can be very windy on the side part but if you go around to the back it is very lovey. 

That was our experience for our Alaska cruise. It was very comfortable in a long sleeve shirt and we spent many hours just watching the wake and the passing views of both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trapper44 said:

That was our experience for our Alaska cruise. It was very comfortable in a long sleeve shirt and we spent many hours just watching the wake and the passing views of both sides.

I just love that view from the back! I don’t mind the extra noise and motion at all. Though it will be interesting to see on my Hawaii cruise if I still feel the same way 

9 hours ago, zgscl said:

I just love that view from the back! I don’t mind the extra noise and motion at all. Though it will be interesting to see on my Hawaii cruise if I still feel the same way 

A cruise to Hawaii is on my bucket list once I retire.  6 years to go.  I especially wanted an aft balcony for the Alaska cruise because of the sight seeing opportunities.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

A cruise to Hawaii is on my bucket list once I retire.  6 years to go.  I especially wanted an aft balcony for the Alaska cruise because of the sight seeing opportunities.  

It was amazing for Glacier Bay. You have almost 270 degrees sight lines from the balcony so when they turn the ship you get somewhere in the 30-45 minute range to view from your balcony instead of the 15 minutes everyone else gets. It was incredible 

• Like 1