HAL Neptune Suite Amenities Question

seatrial

8 hours ago, madera1 said:

Just got off the Oosterdam Sunday and were in 5190 which we loved. There were three of us and we received 2 large bottles of regular water, one bottle of both sparkling water and wine upon embarking. We made good use of the new coffee/espresso machine in the room.

Where was NS breakfast?  According to recent posts CO on the new ships is dedicated room  On the rest of the ships they said was going from dedicated section of MDR to "priority seating in MDR" (which NS already had)

Edited by frankc98376

16 minutes ago, frankc98376 said:

Where was NS breakfast?  According to recent posts CO on the new ships is dedicated room  On the rest of the ships they said was going from dedicated section of MDR to "priority seating in MDR" (which NS already had)

Isn’t breakfast still served in the PG for NS guests?

51 minutes ago, frankc98376 said:

We could either eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill or we could eat in the MDR and stood in a special line and got priority seating and special menu. We were offered free mimosas in both places. We had the same line for other meals and again there was a special of the day for Club Orange (NS) guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, weird! I was only in a Neptune on last fall's Grand Asia on Amsterdam, and I did definitely receive water daily, so much that I occasionally had to leave notes saying, please, no more water for a couple of days!

Maybe that was just because it was an 89 day voyage? I just assumed that it was a regular Neptune perk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madera1 said:

We could either eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill or we could eat in the MDR and stood in a special line and got priority seating and special menu. We were offered free mimosas in both places. We had the same line for other meals and again there was a special of the day for Club Orange (NS) guests.

Thank you for the new information about the Club Orange (NS) changes on the older ships. Was the special line for dinner at the set dining (early or main) restaurant or the Anytime dining restaurant? 

6 hours ago, madera1 said:

Thank you for this information.

9 hours ago, madera1 said:

Thank you very much- great news!  I saw a post in this thread where someone mentioned NS breakfast in either CO or PG on Koningsdam.

Also seeing that NS are getting CO benefits (tote bag, etc).  Perhaps they have decided to keep CO and NS more separate. 

1 hour ago, frankc98376 said:

Thank you very much- great news!  I saw a post in this thread where someone mentioned NS breakfast in either CO or PG on Koningsdam.

Also seeing that NS are getting CO benefits (tote bag, etc).  Perhaps they have decided to keep CO and NS more separate. 

As far as the totes are concerned, we received the new bags with a zipper as did my brother who was in an aft balcony (not a Neptune suite). We had upgraded robes in our suite which were not much different from what I recall having in a regular balcony in the past.

7 hours ago, PSR said:

Thank you for the new information about the Club Orange (NS) changes on the older ships. Was the special line for dinner at the set dining (early or main) restaurant or the Anytime dining restaurant? 

We actually had open seating this trip as we booked the cruise in late April. On the first night we were seated at a window booth area and following dinner I requested the same table for the remainder of our trip. We ended up with 7:45pm seating there but ate one night each at the PG and Cannelato.

16 hours ago, madera1 said:

5 hours ago, madera1 said:

We actually had open seating this trip as we booked the cruise in late April. On the first night we were seated at a window booth area and following dinner I requested the same table for the remainder of our trip. We ended up with 7:45pm seating there but ate one night each at the PG and Cannelato.

5 hours ago, madera1 said:

Though my late Dh  and I had Pinnacle breakfast  most days  on all  our c ruises,On   my recent Zaandam cruises, Inever once went to Pinnacle. breakfast. For tthat matter, I never  went to MDR either........  Most days, I had a roll and a bitof cream c heese in Ne[tune Lounge./coffee.:)  For  some reason that is all I wanted.I really liked this Neptune and Wesley the main concierge. He did a wondeful job IMO. 

image.png.4807cf20eeac5676545a5a8f4b48244b.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

7 hours ago, frankc98376 said:

Hi Freank,

How odd theyg ave you a specia lmenu in MDR    seeing  the Pinnacle breakfast  tmenu is always the same  as the MDR  menu  .

Odd :-  )LOL

14 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Hi!

Evidently the "special menu" is at dinner and there will be a nightly special for Club Orange or NS passengers in MDR.

Hi Freank,

How odd theyg ave you a specia lmenu in MDR    seeing  the Pinnacle breakfast  tmenu is always the same  as the MDR  menu  .

Odd :-  )LOL

Edited by frankc98376

On 7/16/2019 at 10:24 AM, IslandThyme said:

Yes, you will get bottled water delivered daily to your NS.

I did not know that!  We exchange our champagne for bottled water, since we don't care for champagne.  They bring us two or three large bottles and I carefully make it last for the length of the cruise.  I had no idea they will bring a fresh one every day when we use those up!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Walfam said:

I did not know that!  We exchange our champagne for bottled water, since we don't care for champagne.  They bring us two or three large bottles and I carefully make it last for the length of the cruise.  I had no idea they will bring a fresh one every day when we use those up!

I did not  always  finish the large  water bottles  I was brought but when I did, more  was delivered (my recent Zaandam cruises)

Edited by sail7seas
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got off the 14 night Alaska cruise on Amsterdam, in a Cat SA Neptune:

Only received the two initial bottles of Evian.  When I asked if they would be replaced as we used them, the concierges said no but they did allow us to swap our 2 bottles (one from HAL, one from TA) of sparkling wine for more Evian which worked out.  

No special line or area for suite guests in the MDR; breakfast as usual in the PG where service was slow, also as usual, and food pretty much arrived lukewarm at best so only had breakfast there twice out of 14 days.

No zippered tote, just the really cheap crinkly plastic ones with the new splash graphics (I asked if they had zippered ones for the suites and again, was told no). 

One "perk" we tried for the first time was ordering high tea served in the suite (we had it on the balcony while we were in Hubbard Glacier which was awesome!).

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

Rotterdam experience with Neptune suite water bottles. Just returned from the 14 day Scottish Highlands cruise. I noticed that once we finished the initial two bottles of water as well as the bottle of sparkling wine, two new bottles of water appeared along with one of the half-bottles of wine from the mini-bar placed by the beverage person on top of the counter. Then when we finished those two new bottles of water, two more appeared. Didn't drink the half-bottle of wine.

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, akenned said:

Neptune Suite Room Amenities

• Cold hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request
  • High tea service in suite on request
  • Exclusive daily breakfast service
  • Special disembarkation service

Question about those 4 NS amenities describes above: 

1) Cold hors d’oeuvres...

How would you go about ordering the

"Cold hors d’oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request" ? 

I don't remember seeing this on the TV's room service menu or anywhere else.

Would I just call room service and ask to order the 'standard NS Cold hors d’oeuvres' ? 

Has anyone here actually done this lately?   What did you receive? 

2) High tea service in suite on request

Does this mean I could request high tea service like the one at the 3:00pm tea service any time of the day or evening? 

3) Exclusive daily breakfast service

What does this mean? 

Can't all cruise rooms order room service breakfast?   

Or, is this referring to Pinnacle Grill breakfast for NS? 

Or, is this referring to the 2 breakfast menu items that are complimentary to NS but an upcharge for other room categories? (steak and eggs and... smoked salmon benedict maybe?)

4) Special disembarkation service

What does this mean? 

Which type of disembarkation service is special for NS? 

=== FYI to people considering purchase of a NS:  

Amenities I did not see in my Westerdam NS in Alaska: 

• Complimentary sparkling wine served in the Neptune Lounge upon embarkation
    It might have been there at some point, but I definitely did not see it when I visited after embarkation.

• Elegant wooden clothing brush, lint remover and shoehorn for keeping clothing immaculate
    Did not see any of those 3.

• Fragrant bath salts and exfoliating loofah mitt for an invigorating shower experience

Wow I did not see this and I definitely would have noticed as I love bath salts.

I make my own scrub with bath salts + essential oils, similar to this
I do not use it as a "bath soak" (takes too much time).  
Instead it's the final scrub before getting out of the shower. 

Benefits: 

- exfoliation;  just abrasive enough to get rid of dead skin cells

- moisturizing from the oils I add  (drops of essential oils + mineral oil)

- it tells me if I have any new cuts from gardening, cooking or garage work, since the salt would cause them to sting a little

- they smell great provide a brief moment of bliss
I keep a small container store 1oz small screw top thing filled with it in my suitcase for when on work trips. ( must be a screw top.  not a flip top.)

Amenity I used the most that I didn't expect to use much: 
the Neptune Lounge itself -
as a dinner substitute when I wanted to be on my balcony taking in the view more than eat.  Snacks were convenient, tasty and kept my tummy from growling when skipping all the dinner reservations.

and also:

• One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

to reschedule dinner reservations. 
    (though ... would I have needed it?  i.e., If I had a signature or vista suite, could I have just called the restaurant directly?)

Edited by SempreMare

You give your hors d’oeuvres and afternoon tea requests to the Neptune Lounge Concierge.  The en-suite breakfast menu includes additional items not available to the regular menu such as steak and eggs, mimosas, and eggs benedict.  The special disembarkation is that you can depart whenever you like within the entire disembarkation window.

The lounge has a champagne reception on the first evening of departure. There should have been bath salts and a loofah in your bathroom and the other items in the closet.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

You give your hors d’oeuvres and afternoon tea requests to the Neptune Lounge Concierge.  The en-suite breakfast menu includes additional items not available to the regular menu such as steak and eggs, mimosas, and eggs benedict.  The special disembarkation is that you can depart whenever you like within the entire disembarkation window.

The lounge has a champagne reception on the first evening of departure. There should have been bath salts and a loofah in your bathroom and the other items in the closet.

What are the time windows for availability of the three above (en suite breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, and afternoon tea?

Is the tea a "full tea", with little sandwiches, scones/etc., and sweets?

Are there choices for the latter two?  (hors d'oeuvres and tea)

Many thanks!

GCC

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

What are the time windows for availability of the three above (en suite breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, and afternoon tea?

Is the tea a "full tea", with little sandwiches, scones/etc., and sweets?

Are there choices for the latter two?  (hors d'oeuvres and tea)

Many thanks!

GCC

The breakfast is ordered on a special card you hang on your door the night before and is available, if I remember correctly, from about 6am to 10am or so.

Not sure about the hors d'oeuvres, have not ordered. I do believe you choose from warm and/or cold from a list.

Yes, the tea has small sandwiches, etc. They also ask if you want warm or cold side items; we said cold and got a few fish items...did not go well with tea. They usually start serving about 3pm, but will take orders for 2:30, I think they said. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread.  But it was very helpful.  I’m booked at on the Koningsdam in August.  

I have 2 questions:  

1.  Have the perks changed since the pandemic?

2:  where is the Neptune lounge on the Konigsdam?

thank you.  

11 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

I know this is an old thread.  But it was very helpful.  I’m booked at on the Koningsdam in August.  

I have 2 questions:  

1.  Have the perks changed since the pandemic?

2:  where is the Neptune lounge on the Konigsdam?

thank you.  

2. Deck 7 half way between the forward and midship elevators.  

1. Yes, some have.  On the Pinnacle ships you can dine in the Club Orange area for breakfast (vs Pinnacle Grill formerly) and for dinner.  In the Neptune Lounge they serve you, no self service on the snacks and beverages.

• Like 1