Adding passenger to cabin/potential no show for roomie

Littleclover

Looking for some input.  I called Carnival but am typically leery on the what the CSR says as you can get different information from different reps.  We have a second cabin with one person booked, fully paid for.  She may end up being a no show so we want to add a second person in the cabin.  As long as the second person pays their fare, is there an issue if the first person ends up being a no show?  The second person can just check in just fine?  Any input would be great!

Since the first person paid for two to be a single, adding a second on might not cost any more than just port fees and taxes depending on the restrictions on the booking rate.

Keep the original on the reservation and that person will just lose out on the money unless they have cruise insurance.

My experience with Carnival customer service on the phone is they have no idea what they are doing.

One time I wasn't sure who my second was going to be. I called customer service 3 times to confirm and said here are my rate options online, doesnt say anywhere there is a change fee before final payment on this one, they confirmed it, told me to just make up a name for the second and just call and change it later. I printed it out the rate restrictions and booked.

Few months later I found my second, called to change the name to the person going with me.

First person I got on the phone was adamant I would have to re-book the whole thing, forfeit my money already paid and start over. Demanded to speak to a manager about this, was put on hold and after about 20 minutes disconnected.

Called back and got somebody else who was very pleasant, this person pulled up my reservation and I was off in less than 3 minutes with the name changed for no fee as it was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, Littleclover said:

Thanks, I had similar issue as you but was able to change a name once before.  This time just wasn't sure since it was first time I booked a single in the cabin.  Crossing fingers!

A lot has to do with the rate you booked. From what I understand it isnt an issue adding a second to a single rate since all cabins can take at least a second person, just a matter of any price difference which shouldnt be much since you got ripped off as a single to begin with.

Just keep calling and eventually you will get the right person on the phone that will hook you up.

9 hours ago, robc1972 said:

I called customer service 3 times to confirm and said here are my rate options online, doesnt say anywhere there is a change fee before final payment on this one, they confirmed it, told me to just make up a name for the second and just call and change it later. I printed it out the rate restrictions and booked.

If you booked with an early saver rate, that change fee is NORMAL. If you read the early saver rate code fine print, it says this:

Deposit is non-refundable. Changes made to the reservation may result in the assessment of cancellation penalties or service fees.A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

If you booked with an early saver rate, that change fee is NORMAL. If you read the early saver rate code fine print, it says this:

Wasnt a saver rate, was one that specifically said I could change for no fee. Cost more than my friends who booked at the same time.

Had already paid 500 deposit and was told I would have to rebook the whole thing and be out what I already paid.

Second person changed it with no cost at all as it should have been. I would have been fine paying 50, but not losing the whole thing.

there is no name change happening-- its adding a person as the second passenger.   You can do this no matter what rate you booked   BUT if the ship is at capacity  even though only one person is booked into that cabin you will not be able to book the second people in the cabin