Open Lounge Space on Breakaway?

basicprincess24

We'll be on Breakaway in just 16 days! I'm traveling with a family group of 8, and I'm starting to think ahead about spots on the ship to hang out as a group. Since we're sailing over Christmas, I'm particularly trying to think of a good spot to exchange gifts. We were on the Pearl last year and used the Spinnaker Lounge, but there isn't exactly an equivalent space on Breakaway. I need your ideas, good people of Cruise Critic!

Mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon, try the area in front of Moderno and/or Cagney (on sea days, Moderno might be open for a buffet lunch as overflow) - Deck 8 AFT.   For 8 people, also try Deck 6 AFT by the elevator, between the stairs - there's an open area (evening, photo staff take over to do studio portraits) as a small group. 

If weather is nice & warm, look for one of the unclaimed seating area on the Waterfront, sofa will seat 3, 4 can squeeze plus 2 chairs ... 2 or 3 can stand or sit on those sturdy coffee table. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, basicprincess24 said:

We'll be on Breakaway in just 16 days! I'm traveling with a family group of 8, and I'm starting to think ahead about spots on the ship to hang out as a group. Since we're sailing over Christmas, I'm particularly trying to think of a good spot to exchange gifts. We were on the Pearl last year and used the Spinnaker Lounge, but there isn't exactly an equivalent space on Breakaway. I need your ideas, good people of Cruise Critic!

You want something inside. You want something where you won't have people walking in and out of your group. 

The Bliss would be nice, but there is no 100% guarantee that it will be un-occupied at the time you select. Or that it would be set up to accommodate your gift exchange. 

Restaurant space like La Cucina or Ocean Blue would be o.k. (if you are not too close to dinner time). 

An open bar like Shakers or Maltings

Or you can ask Guest Services if you could use one of the meeting rooms in the back of the Atrium.