Sky Suites - S2

malony33

For those of you Celebrity cruisers who have stayed in an S2 suite on Reflection:

some of these cabins  - on Deck 12, maybe - are beneath the buffet. The last

cabin available on my planned sailing is beneath tables, not the kitchen. Has 

anyone stayed in one of the suites and heard much noise right above you? I

think the deck plan on Equinox is the same, so if you were in an S2 on that ship,

you would have the same information (I hope). Thanks!

Edited by malony33
not lined up

We stayed in an S2 cabin under the table areas on a couple of ships including Reflection. We have never really had any noise issues. From what I have read it generally only tends to be an issue if the area is not carpeted or you are under a service area.  

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, prim8keeper said:

We stayed in an S2 cabin under the table areas on a couple of ships including Reflection. We have never really had any noise issues. From what I have read it generally only tends to be an issue if the area is not carpeted or you are under a service area.  

What was your cabin #? The TA is holding 2109 for me. Do you know if that's beneath a carpeted or hard floor?

11 hours ago, malony33 said:

What was your cabin #? The TA is holding 2109 for me. Do you know if that's beneath a carpeted or hard floor?

Are you sure it is 2109? On Reflection that is an S1 cabin under Solarium/Aqua Spa Cafe. We have never stayed in that area, but on the cabin sticky people report that it is quiet so you should be ok.

14 hours ago, malony33 said:

If I remember right 2109 is a C1 cabin. We have stayed in 2103, 2105, 2107 and 2109. I think some of the best cabins on the whole ship. Yes your under the carpeted area. We were just in S2 2117 and did hear some noise.

If your on the Reflection 2109 S1 up forward. We had 2133 on Reflection. I did not like being that forward.

Edited by bigbenboys

Thanks to all for your assistance.

On the deck plan, 2109 is an S1; my TA says it's an S2...I'll clarify that with him today.

That would mean there are no S2 suites left, so now the question becomes the difference in price to book the S1 instead. Hmmm...

2109 is an S1.  This is Reflection so this suite is one of the old Aqua Suites which only means that it is a Sky Suite but will have the jetted shower in the bath.  This suite is very far forward under the Solarium.  From the plans it looks like it might be under part of the Aqua Cafe.  I would not expect noise from above to be a major issue.