Twizy Rental info

Rewind

On 6/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, Gettys84 said:

How fast does the first ferry fill up once the ship docks in port?  We are arriving to port around 1pm and I see on the ferry info page that a schedule ferry is at 2pm.  Did the rental place suggest it was ok to park the rental over night at the dock?

Are you on Grandeur?  We were on Grandeur last week.  The ships docks at 1 but you aren't able to get off the ship at 1.  We were worried because our Cruise Compass said to expect to be able to disembark at 2.  Fortunately, we walked off at around 1:30 with no problems.  There was a large kiosk set up next to the ship where you could purchase tokens so we didn't have to go to the visitor center.  We caught the 2:15 ferry with plenty of time.  The ferry was large and held a lot of people.  I'm not sure it filled up completely.

On 6/2/2019 at 2:05 PM, Gettys84 said:

How fast does the first ferry fill up once the ship docks in port?  We are arriving to port around 1pm and I see on the ferry info page that a schedule ferry is at 2pm.  Did the rental place suggest it was ok to park the rental over night at the dock?

The big Hamilton ferry holds 700 plus people.  I asked.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, outbackpaul said:

The big Hamilton ferry holds 700 plus people.  I asked.

The ferry you're referring to is the Bermudian, but that ferry is not used for every run between Hamilton and Dockyard.  The other ferries are considerably smaller.

In fact on weekends I don't believe they use the Bermudian at all, if my interpretation of the ferry schedule is correct. All weekend ferries are listed as accepting motorcycles, and that indicates they are using the front ramp loading high speed catamarans, as those are the ferries that can take the cycles. The capacity of those ferries is at most half the capacity of the Bermudian.