Vegan on Majesty in MDR?

mandream

We'll be sailing on the Majesty in a couple of weeks and my wife is Vegan - only one in the family.  We've sailed on Celebrity many many times and she has ALWAYS been accommodated (sometimes more successfully than others - but they have always been welcoming and tried).

She participates in another online vegan cruising group and someone posted that when they told their waiter on the Majesty on the first night that they were vegan - they were told that they would have to go to Windjammer.  They ate their the entire cruise.  This person had vegan listed as special diet requirements on their reservation (as does my wife) so they should be prepared (although we do know that night one could be chaotic).  IMO this is not an acceptable response - and would be a real issue for us.

Is this typical for MDR service on Royal - or was this likely a one off?  I realize the Majesty is Royal's oldest ship - but don't really think that should make a difference.  My wife is a bit concerned, as am I.

Thanks in advance -

Mike

Edited by mandream

Contact special_needs@rccl.com prior to the cruise and notify them of your dietary needs.  They will arrange for you to be put in contact with the people on board who can help.   Be specific and ask them about the MDR offerings.

First, what is this ‘vegan cruising group?”  I would love to join!  

Second, we are on the Indy next week and have the same concern.  Wifey emailed the link posted above over a week ago, still no response.  We will go see the Head Waiter on boarding.  But we have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast everyday.  Lunch and dinner can be salads and veggies.  But i need to be assured they contain NO OIL and that may take some convincing.  We are fine eating in MDR or WJ, dont care which.  Just want my diet requirements met with minimal fuss.

Thanks all for the replies.  I'm pretty confident we'll be ok.

20 hours ago, MarvinTMartian said:

First, what is this ‘vegan cruising group?”  I would love to join!  

It' on a big social media site, and I don't think I can post it here - but if you look for the cruisade you will probably find it.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Just to come back and close the loop on this as we just returned last weekend - we were well taken care of in the MDR.  As to be expected, some dishes were better than others, but my wife really felt like they made an effort to make her happy and that is all we can ask for.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Mike