Table For Two?

Tennant

My husband and I are thinking of trying our first Disney Cruise without our 2 year old son as a babymoon with #2 on the way. On all of our other cruises, anytime dining or some version has been available so we can ensure a table for two.  How difficult have you found it to get a table for two on Disney?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Tennant said:

My husband and I are thinking of trying our first Disney Cruise without our 2 year old son as a babymoon with #2 on the way. On all of our other cruises, anytime dining or some version has been available so we can ensure a table for two.  How difficult have you found it to get a table for two on Disney?

Thanks!

It's not particularly difficult.  You just need to have the request placed on your reservation by calling DCL and asking them to put it there.

It's not guaranteed, but, many times, such requests are honored.

If you are cruising Concierge, you'll be at your own table by default.

One note, even if you're at at "table for two" your table is only about 6 inches away from the neighboring tables, so not really a lot of privacy or "just us" feel about them.

We always request a table for "just us," and that request has always been honored.  Just call DCL and have the request added to your reservation.  Depending on the ship...we've found tables are more like 12-18 inches apart (more on the classic ships, less on the newer, bigger ones.  But yes, the MDR is not a private or romantic space regardless of table size.  One good thing--you'll be at a 4 top with only 2 places set...it gives you a little room that you wouldn't have otherwise.

I had a request through a TA for a private table and when I boarded, I check in dining changes and they said they didn't have the request. They changed it for us on the spot, though. So, when you board the ship, you can go to the dining changes and they will help you out. 

9 hours ago, tinybiny said:

I had a request through a TA for a private table and when I boarded, I check in dining changes and they said they didn't have the request. They changed it for us on the spot, though. So, when you board the ship, you can go to the dining changes and they will help you out. 

This works IF they have the space to do it.  We've found it best to put in the request in advance then confirm it after boarding.  Requests made after boarding are harder for them to meet, although they will always try.  Also, requests involving late seating are easier than main (early) seating.....it's all a numbers game.