Snorkel Equipment

Mommags123

We got our snorkel gear at Costco for about $35 - $40 CDN so it might be less in the states.  Due to weight and luggage space though we only take the mask & snorkel and either use the excursions flippers or just swim with the gear at the beaches.  There is something invaluable about not using a snorkel that has been in hundreds of others mouths.  Plus the snorkel has a valve to prevent water from coming down the tube and drowning you.

My 3.5 year old son, wife and I have the full face snorkel sets and we LOVE them.  My son put his on, stuck his head underwater in Cozumel last year and he and I snorkeled for about 30 minutes it was AMAZING. We just held hands and floated in about 6-10 feet of water right off the beach and saw a million colorful fish and coral.

I have always had issues with having to put the mask on super tight to get a good seal and then it caused a headache or cut my adventure short because it was just uncomfortable for me and often fogged up.  

The full face was super comfortable and never fogged up.  I even got one with a mount for my go pro which got some amazing video.  They are smaller then traditional sets and light enough to pack easy.  By far one of the best purchases we have made.  They were probably $50 each or so and I am sure will be used for years to come.

We go to the pool once or twice before the trip and get used to snorkeling and then we have a great time.  We never take the excursions from the ship.  Just do a little research to find the best spots and go there yourself to beat the crowds and have the best time. Enjoy your trip!!! You will save money on the ship excursions and make the purchase more cost effective the way.