Kobe to Vancouver May 2019--clothing needed

SLSD

I know that some of  you have traveled the route from Kobe to Vancouver--OR you have been in Alaska in late May, early June.  I am beginning to think about clothing we need to pack.  Here is what I know:  We need layers, we need warm knit caps, we need gloves.  I also understand that SB will be providing some kind of jacket (I would like to know what KIND of jacket).  BUT, I need to know more.  Do we need to take all long sleeved shirts/tops?  What the is warmest kind of clothing we need to pack?  Do we need long underwear (my husband wants to know)?  Do we need truly warm jackets?  Or, would multiple layers work (like a long sleeved top, quilted vest, light down Uniqlo type jacket, SB Jacket or our own over that?)  What is your favorite kind of raincoat? (I'm always challenged with raincoats.)  Best foot gear for this itinerary?  In other words, I want to know what you know and what you have found to be best for late May/early June from Kobe to Vancouver.  

I cannot answer all your questions but I can suggest that you broaden your thinking to include a little warmer weather. You will certainly need warm clothing as you get close to the Arctic on the way over to Alaska but bear in mind that these are long days of sunshine at the end of May/beginning of June. My wife did an Alaska cruise 3 years ago and [converting to the American temperature scale] there were a few days in the mid to upper 70s. I quote from one Alaskan travel site:

"Temperatures. You'll find Alaska's summer temperatures surprisingly pleasant. Daytime highs range from 60°F - 80°F. Nighttime lows are refreshingly cool, dipping into the 40's - 50's. May and September are 5°- 10° cooler."

Certainly as you come down the coast of British Columbia you are likely to experience days in the high 70s. June/July are some of the best weather times in Vancouver for example. Beautiful warm days with cool evenings but by cool I mean a light sweater over a short-sleeved shirt as you sit outside enjoying your cocktail.

Hope this helps

It DOES help Dusko.  And your information was exactly what I needed to know about the warmer limits.  Based on your comments I WILL take some clothing for warmer weather as well as clothing for very cool weather. 

But I still need to know HOW cool!  

4 hours ago, SLSD said:

It DOES help Dusko.  And your information was exactly what I needed to know about the warmer limits.  Based on your comments I WILL take some clothing for warmer weather as well as clothing for very cool weather. 

But I still need to know HOW cool!  

We did this trip last year and my husband found the jacket provided by Seabourn was too warm for him.  I wore mine occasionally, but certainly didn't need anything warmer.  Also, we ate outside all but one night, with the aid of heaters and blankets, it was very comfortable.