Mardi Gras

cntrydncr1

It is super frustrating..As long as it's a positive announcement, I can wait. if they announce that the ship is delayed until 2021 or that construction had to stop because they ran out of blue paint, well, at that point, I'd be disappointed for sure.

12 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

Whoever does their marketing should be fired.   Continually stating "news will come tomorrow" is BS.  

Just the opposite is true, they have you on edge looking all the time.  They should get a raise.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Just the opposite is true, they have you on edge looking all the time.  They should get a raise.

I guess that is true, but not in my case :classic_blink:.  Since I am ready to book something for 2020 and I don't want to keep waiting I have started looking at itineraries on other lines.  But lord knows I will most likely keep doing as you said and look look look and book something Carnival.

"Do Wah Diddy Diddy"

There she was just a-walkin' down the street
Singin' do-wah diddy-diddy dum diddy-do
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet

She looked good, LOOKED GOOD
She looked fine, LOOKED FINE
She looked good, she looked fine
And I nearly lost my mind
Before I knew it she was walkin' next to me.

We're waiting Miss  Mardi Gras

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BoDidly said:

"Do Wah Diddy Diddy"

There she was just a-walkin' down the street
Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet

She looked good, LOOKED GOOD
She looked fine, LOOKED FINE
She looked good, she looked fine
And I nearly lost my mind
Before I knew it she was walkin' next to me.

We're waiting Miss  Mardi Gras

You are dating yourself with those lyrics, but I resemble this remark as well.....

2 hours ago, Michelle236 said:

I guess that is true, but not in my case :classic_blink:.  Since I am ready to book something for 2020 and I don't want to keep waiting I have started looking at itineraries on other lines.  But lord knows I will most likely keep doing as you said and look look look and book something Carnival.

My guess is the delay has to do with coordinating stuff on the web site and the TA booking engine.  If not out by mid next week, I will be a travel  awards ceremony in NYC with some people that should know the answer.  Not sure they will tell me if I ask, but I was ask the question.

• Like 1

Good lord, people, JH is only human. And Carnival is a large corporation, and things DO change. As small business owners, things change for us regularly, so I can only imagine how crazy the day to day operations are for a company as large as Carnival. But, please, continue to wallow in your first world problems as you await news on Mardi Gras. :classic_huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So for all of those holding their breath, you need to hold it another 24 hours or so.  JH posted on his FB page that he is "99.999999979% certain" (exact quote) that he'll have news about the Mardi Gras tomorrow (25 Jan 2019).

Let's see.

lasjdflk;jsakljelkrjekljfklej;lfasdf.    I reckon we'll see

So last night we were invited to go to a travel award in New York and sit with some Carnival Brass.  As promised, I asked about the Mardi Gras news and was told that it is coming VERY soon (I followed with how soon and asked if it was this week,  and the reply was that would be a god bet).  There was also some discussion on some cruise ships firsts that the Mardi Gras will have (and not the roller coaster).  Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

So last night we were invited to go to a travel award in New York and sit with some Carnival Brass.  As promised, I asked about the Mardi Gras news and was told that it is coming VERY soon (I followed with how soon and asked if it was this week,  and the reply was that would be a god bet).  There was also some discussion on some cruise ships firsts that the Mardi Gras will have (and not the roller coaster).  Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

Thanks for the update, @jimbo5544!

Yeah, I do wonder whether I will be truly surprised/thrilled with what new features they will offer, or underwhelmed because the "new stuff" will be something like "two comedy clubs!" and new food choices of "Guy's Hot Dog Dive Bar" and "Emeril's Blackened Chicken Rub Shack - BAM!".

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Thanks for the update, @jimbo5544!

Yeah, I do wonder whether I will be truly surprised/thrilled with what new features they will offer, or underwhelmed because the "new stuff" will be something like "two comedy clubs!" and new food choices of "Guy's Hot Dog Dive Bar" and "Emeril's Blackened Chicken Rub Shack - BAM!".

LOL, actually the last two sound pretty good....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Good to know, buddy.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So for the record, note that I typed this before the announcements for Mardi Gras, which now mention this for the French Quarter:

"And while we’re not one to brag about our friends, one of these spots is being designed in partnership with a name you definitely know!"

Hmm, what famous chef is from New Orleans but has not had a strong public presence recently and might want a boost of publicity...?

17 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

... or underwhelmed because the "new stuff" will be something like "two comedy clubs!" ...

OK, I gotta stop making predictions.  The deck plans leaked out show a Limelight Club on deck 7 (used as the Comedy club on many ships) and a Punchliner Club on deck 6.

I guess it was a Capt Obvious prediction, but still...