Brisbane cruise terminal to airport transfer

gottagocit

After a 7 day Queensland voyage on the Sea Princess in February ‘19 we will arrive back in Brisbane at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning. Having spent a few days in the area precruise we are heading to Auckland on an 11:15 am flight on the same day as our arrival. It’ll be our first time trip to the area so we are seeking advice on the best route to the airport.

In some ports we’ve found the best way to get to the airport is to “walk off” the ship with our own luggage and taxi a taxi to the airport while in some instances the ship transfer is best due to limited taxis, extremely high taxi rates...etc. What have others who’ve done this found to be the best way to get to the airport for a flight around 11:15 am?  

Thanks,

Chris

1 hour ago, The_Big_M said:

First thing you need to check is which terminal you're returning to.

Brisbane has two terminals, with different access and distance from the airport, so suggestions will differ depending on the terminal.

Sorry, I should have included that. The itinerary indicates we will be arriving at the Portaide Wharf aka Portside Terminal on Mccarthur Ave and not the Fisherman’s Grain Terminal. The ports shipping schedule confirms this. 

Chris 

That's fortunate. Portside is much closer to the airport, so is both quicker and cheaper, and avoids the bridge toll.

A taxi would be relatively cheap and quick; I'd say around $30 AUD. There shouldn't be any significant traffic issues on the way either. 

I'm not sure they would accept you on the transfer in any case - I've heard they require a flight after around 1-2, otherwise they can't guarantee you will make it on time (and hence don't offer it so to avoid disputes if you don't make it).

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2018 at 8:01 AM, The_Big_M said:

That's fortunate. Portside is much closer to the airport, so is both quicker and cheaper, and avoids the bridge toll.

A taxi would be relatively cheap and quick; I'd say around $30 AUD. There shouldn't be any significant traffic issues on the way either. 

I'm not sure they would accept you on the transfer in any case - I've heard they require a flight after around 1-2, otherwise they can't guarantee you will make it on time (and hence don't offer it so to avoid disputes if you don't make it).

Thanks. 

Are there plenty of taxis waiting at the cruise terminal? 

For Portside, the cruise terminal is part of a residential/retail development. I haven’t arrived at Portside, only departed so haven’t seen the arrivals set-up. However, I’d expect the car/transfer area will have a fair number of taxis in any case, but moreover with the cinema, dining and shops there’s regular activity with taxis there too. You shouldn’t have any problem.

• 2 weeks later...