Best option for beach day on 11-ship day

AKfamily

We have two kids, 13 and 10. They can swim but aren’t strong swimmers (we plan to bring their own life vests from home). We have two busy port call days before our stop in Cozumel and want to just relax at a beach and then maybe shop in town in the afternoon on the way back to the ship (Carnival). I was planning to go to Paradise Beach as I don’t think we need an all-inclusive $200+ day, but that can’t be reserved in advance. Will I be better off going elsewhere with  an advance reservation? If so, where? We’d like a beach, pool, lunch and drinks available, and maybe SUP or kayaks. 

Yes, Paradise beach will be perfect for you. We have been 3 times and never had advanced reservations. Just get a quick taxi over and pay when you get there. Beautiful beach and pool area, never felt to crowded. Service was amazing and drinks were great. The water toys are extra but are a lot of fun. There are some that are a little further out in the water but my kids had no problem getting to them.

• Thanks 1

And shopping is easy enough on your return to the ship.  Lots of stores and kiosks in Puerta Maya, where Carnival docks.  Some, like Cinco del Soles and the boots store, are branches of downtown stores. You may, or may not, find other things by heading downtown to the Plaza, but outside of authentic Cuban cigars, almost all the typical tourist souvenirs are available.

• Thanks 1