Travel Apps for your Cruise

BBMacLaird

We've published a new blog called "Must-Have Travel Apps for Every Occasion". There are some great ideas; many I've never thought of. I especially like the description of the PackPoint app which will check the weather forecast and send me a customized packing list for my cruise! 

Which of the apps listed interest you? And can you recommend any other useful apps?

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/must-have-travel-apps-every-occasion

packing list.jpg

I will check out the apps that are listed.

I use the Rome2Rio app that explains how to get from point A to point B by different travel modes, walking, bus and train, etc.

I also use WhatsApp to make calls over wifi and put my phone on airplane mode so I do not get roaming charges.

1 hour ago, bxny said:

I will check out the apps that are listed.

I use the Rome2Rio app that explains how to get from point A to point B by different travel modes, walking, bus and train, etc.

I also use WhatsApp to make calls over wifi and put my phone on airplane mode so I do not get roaming charges.

I love WhatsApp for making calls, or texting, with no charge. 

I like Skype for calls as the connection tends to be better than Whats App (that's what I've found anyway) but its not free unless over Wi-Fi. 

Over and above the weather Apps,  I've downloaded an app called Timeshifter.  It's supposed to reduce Jet Lag by telling you when to look at light, be in the dark, drink etc.  I haven't tried it yet so cant say if it works or helps.  Will use it in Feb on our South American Cruise.

Lonely Planet is a good App.  A portable guidebook with interactive maps for major cities. 

Flightstats is good if you have a lot of connections to make.  Shows you where the inbound plane is,  ETA etc.

Lastly,  Photocircle is a great sharing app if you are travelling with friends.  You all upload your pics to the one place so you can see each others pics.  Someone sets it up and asks the others to join.

David

• Thanks 1

When the tours offered by the cruise line don't fit your mood or you just like doing things on your own, the app "Visit A City" gives you touring suggestions, highlights and walking directions for many cities around the world.

5 hours ago, 150edmiston said:

Photocircle is a great sharing app if you are travelling with friends.  You all upload your pics to the one place so you can see each others pics.  Someone sets it up and asks the others to join.

DH takes much better pictures than I do! I’ll have to check out Photocircle.