Sexually Assalted on Royal Caribbean

Jacksonic

This is awful!  I don’t care which staff member the OP told, they should know to report this type of thing.  In fact, this is so serious, that staff member should be fired. If this story involved a woman being assualted, then I would expect public outrage.  But, it seems like most of these replies are blaming the victim for not following up.  Royal Caribbean is definitely in the wrong for not immediately investigating these claims. 

Unless I’m mistaken, the staff in the spa are not RCI employees but rather are employed by the company that runs the spa (is it still Steiner? Not big on the spa). Maybe they really didn’t know what to do. I’m sure they would have called security had they been requested to do so. Security could have apprehended the perpetrator at that time. Now that he’s left the ship, nothing really can be done. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HillBilly Bob said:

Moral of the story....don’t hang around steam rooms.   The gentleman is/was a big boy and just could have said no.   I have been in that situation and all you do is say no thanks and move  along.  

I have to agree with this. Happened to me more than once, I´m almost inclined to say it´s more common to happen than not, as I´ve had such enconters on more cruises than not. BTW happens in landlocked Saunas as well. You simply say no and that´s the end of it.

5 minutes ago, gerif said:

Unless I’m mistaken, the staff in the spa are not RCI employees but rather are employed by the company that runs the spa (is it still Steiner? Not big on the spa). Maybe they really didn’t know what to do. I’m sure they would have called security had they been requested to do so. Security could have apprehended the perpetrator at that time. Now that he’s left the ship, nothing really can be done. 

That was my first thought as well. The spa person might not even have been an RCI employee. Most likely they might be pretty used to this as well and not really thinking much about it.

It´s interesting how this thread has been cleaned up since earlier.

• Clarea locked this topic