Diabetic menu on Q.E

Summer hols

They offer a selection of items which used to be called the spa menu, they also have chicken, salmon and steak with potatoes and vegetables which are always available.  There is not a diabetic menu as such, but if you speak to the head waiter you can arrange to get the menus the day before so you can pick what you want.

Yes, as Lanky Lad has said: Have a word with the head waiter and ask him if you can see the next day's menu so that if you need to ask them to make a change to one of the courses they have the time. There is always a sugar free dessert on the menu (and in the buffet). Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 2:19 PM, babs135 said:

There is always a sugar free dessert on the menu (and in the buffet).

Not really.  There are reduced-sugar items on the menu, which is wonderful for those who are dieting, but not much good for diabetics.  Last place that I saw sugar-free desserts was on HAL.

Was on QE in June.  My situation may be different than yours, because I am type II and avoid sugar as much as possible.   I always look for no-sugar-added, because if a dessert is made with milk there is milk sugar in it, and that is not a major issue for me. For me it’s important they are not adding table sugar.  I can’t recall specifically what was sugar free and what what was no sugar added, but:

If you like sweetened tea or coffee, bring your own sweetener. I think they had saccharin (which I dont like,) but no aspartame, sucralose or stevia that was readily available.  I did get some candela aspartame when I begged, but I will be bringing my own sweetener tabs on my next cruise. 

They did have sugar free jams or jellies, I found them readily at the buffet. 

Regarding desserts, I think they had at least one no-sugar-added every day. I do not recall if any were sugar free. 

I recommend you advise Cunard and they will help you.  

Good Luck. Enjoy!

I'm prediabetic, so I'm trying to cut down on my sugar by being good all day and then having half a dessert at night. I'm more concerned about them adding sugar to the vegetables because I prefer to save my sugar rations for dessert. Is there a way of finding out about sugary salad dressings and soups etc?