TV Channels

chewap

What TV channels does Carnival have now?  I was on the Carnival Glory last year and there was no news channels that had the weather and news.  The Glory had 2 ESPN channels that didn't work most of the time.   

Edited by chewap

Here you go. I took pics of the channel lineup on Dream. Same channels I recall being on other ships for about the past year and a half.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2578851-carnival-dream-live-aug-26-sep-2-nola-to-eastern-carib-fun-times-menus-etc/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-55622269

CHANNEL SHOWING

11 FUN FINDS

13 CRUISE LIFE

14 CHANNEL GUIDE

15 SAFETY INFORMATION

16 FUN ABOARD

17 CARNIVAL ADVENTURES

18 MAP CHANNEL

19 FORWARD CAMERA VIEW

20 LIDO CAMERA VIEW

21 AUDIBLE FUNTIMES

22 CNN

23 CNN INTERNATIONAL

24 CNN SPANISH

25 HLN

26 BOOMERANG

27 CARTOON NETWORK

28 TNT

29 TBS / WATCHED IN ENGLISH/COMMERCIALS IN SPANISH

30 TCM

31 TRU TV / SPANISH IN PM & ENGLISH IN AM

32 FREE MOVIE CHANNEL / MOVIE GUIDE BETWEEN MOVIES

33 FUN FOR ALL

34 OCEAN VIEW

35 GOOD TO KNOW

36 MUSIC CHANNEL

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Here you go. I took pics of the channel lineup on Dream. Same channels I recall being on other ships for about the past year and a half.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2578851-carnival-dream-live-aug-26-sep-2-nola-to-eastern-carib-fun-times-menus-etc/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-55622269

This is what we had on the Breeze early December.  HNL had pretty good news with not too much politics even if it's affiliated with CNN.  No sports in the cabin.  It's pretty bad when TRUtv has some of the most interesting programing on the line-up.  We watched the forward or aft camera sites or the map page most of the time while getting ready to leave the cabin or getting ready for dinner.   

5 hours ago, summersigh said:

This is what we had on the Breeze early December.  HNL had pretty good news with not too much politics even if it's affiliated with CNN.  No sports in the cabin.  It's pretty bad when TRUtv has some of the most interesting programing on the line-up.  We watched the forward or aft camera sites or the map page most of the time while getting ready to leave the cabin or getting ready for dinner.   

Yep. We watched TruTV mostly or listened to the music on the camera/map channels. 

Go to the "on demand" movies channel.  They have a few freebies.  We watched Pacific Rim 2 and Ready Player One at least 3 times on the Horizon last week LOL  We love those movies... the other one was a love story which we didn't watch.  If you want to rent a movie they're 4.99, we didn't rent any so I don't know how long the rental is good for.   

Since JaneyLynn mentioned it, I remembered I took a shot of the free movie schedule earlier this month. Daddys Home 2 was on a lot so I just left it on that channel when it was on and caught bits and pieces coming and going.

15CD4BB2-826A-48B4-96AF-141057BCD2B5.thumb.jpeg.529afb2ea4cca188cdc7433c308a36f8.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

3 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

HLN will show the same four episodes of 48 Hours each day.  After seven days, I was really sick and tired of hearing about Falcon Lake, Atlanta Child Murders, Costa Rica, and whatever the fourth one was.

So what's your thoughts on Falcon Lake?  Do you think the wife is telling ALL that she knows?  I think there's something not being told. 

Question about the "pay movies".  They are $4.99?  That doesn't seem too bad.  Is there a good selection?  Once you rent, do you "own" it for the remainder of the cruise?  I normally don't care so much about programming in the cabin, but I am recovering from an illness and know that I will be spending more time than usual in the cabin this trip. 

Thanks in advance,

Dawn