"American Bacon" Aboard the Sapphire

crawford

You can get both American and Canadian style bacon in both Canada and USA.  It was easy to understand that American bacon is traditional strip bacon, but I do agree that Princess is buying cheap stuff for sure.  Canadian/English bacon is called "Back Bacon" up here, generally.  Back Bacon and Peameal Bacon are two slightly different products (but from the same cut of meat I believe).  We call American Bacon, Bacon - just like Americans do.   

I shall have to disagree with many posters.  To me the Princess bacon is cooked just the way that I like it and the crispy bacon that others like is over cooked!  By the way there was a sign on the Royal Princess last month advising folks that crispy (or over cooked) bacon was available upon request.

6 hours ago, elliair said:

I posted a pic of what the real American bacon looks like and the mods deleted it.  I'm telling you that crap that's served on Lido buffet called "bacon" is not bacon.  It's strips of greasy low grade sow that made it to the pkg meat house and sold cheaply to Princess Corp.  Princess has a standing order - the cheaper the better.  Real bacon is bought at places like Costco, thick cut, hickory or apple smoked.  Google it.  There's no comparison of what real bacon is.  /just saying

Totally agree. The taste is nothing like real bacon, regardless of how it's cooked. 

12 hours ago, IDB37 said:

As the destination is the UK, I'm hoping there may be a chance of English Bacon being served. 

I have seen "English" bacon in the buffet on U.S. West Coast cruises.  There have also been multiple reports here on Cruise Critic of people getting it by request when they don't see it.  I have to believe that the dining rooms would be equally accommodating if you prefer not to visit the buffet.  I think you will have no problem getting it.