Jetty Park Port Canaveral

luv2sailAgain

Can anyone tell me about Jetty Park?  We will be sailing on HOTS in July and staying one pre-cruise night in Port Canaveral.  Was interested in a beach afternoon and watch sail away from the Jetty.  Does the park fill to capacity during the busy summer Saturdays for day visitors? TIA

the only 'capacity' issue would be for parking

since the beach is open to the south, even if the parking is full, nothing stops you from parking a bit south and walking to the jetty or concessions 

jetty park.jpg

Jetty Park Map.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

Thank you so much for the info.  Any particular parking suggestions in the southern direction?  Is it possible to park for the day by the inlet RV parking on the northern side of the park?  I've seen sail away videos of people waving in that area.  

Parking issues always worry me.  Thanks again for your help!!

6 hours ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thank you so much for the info.  Any particular parking suggestions in the southern direction?  Is it possible to park for the day by the inlet RV parking on the northern side of the park?  I've seen sail away videos of people waving in that area.  

Parking issues always worry me.  Thanks again for your help!!

Yes, you can park next to the sea wall between the RVs and the sea. Many folks park there to fish and for a day in the sun with the family.

And you have two restaurants on either side of you! One towards the beach and one towards the boat slips!

Can you see the cars parked between the RVs and the ship in the pic below?

Jetty-Park-RVs.jpg 

Edited by SteerageJoe

to be clear

I believe the R/V in the picture are in R/V camping slots and a day visitor probably can't use these but I'm not an R/V'r ... beyond these you see cars in the line of parking that's nearer the water.  Pay the day parking rate and this is where you can park .... depending on the size of your R/V I suppose.

Pull the area up on Google Maps and zoom in ... it is fairly recent (the image on Google Earth is older and not accurate IMO) and compare to the camping space map on the park web site . . .

p.s.s .... there IS a large open parking lot a bit west of Jetty Park which to the best of my knowledge is FREE. This is the old parking for terminal 3 (now torn down to make room for the new terminal) .... park here and walk into the park (free ... only parking is charged a fee) From the parking lot to the water's edge (beach) is less than a mile.