Question regarding Cuba B2B

EatonDoolittle

I've now visited twice, booked for a third in April, so I am well familiar with the Visa card process. I'm  also aware that visits to multiple cities on the same cruise require just one Visa card purchase.

A friend is considering a B2B, and is being given conflicting information on the need to buy 2 Visa cards. 

Since the card is surrendered and the passport stamped on the first arrival and just the passport checked on subsequent trips off the ship, it makes sense that the 30 day time frame would certainly include two sailings. 

Additionally, on B2Bs that I have taken (not to Cuba), there is only one check-in at the US departure port.

Please comment if you have taken a back to back trip that included 2 separate visits to the island.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Always Faces the Sun said:

We are taking a B2B to Cuba

on Oceania in July and were told we will need 2 visas. Deb☺️

Thanks, since my post, she has gotten the same answer from the visa folks.

If it turns out to be different when we go in April, I'll come back and let you know. 

Their country, their rules, I guess. 

On Viking in November, the process was a little different.

We received our visa through Viking's supplier. Received the paper when we boarded.

At our first stop, Cienfuegos, the paper was stamped and taken by the inspector. My wife and I each received a laminated, credit card sized PASS. We were told to present it on each  entry. Nobody asked in Cienfuegos, and the inspection booth was empty on subsequent days.

On our arrival in Santiago de Cuba, inspectors asked to see the pass, and collected it on final departure. The pass wasn't numbered. 

The x-Ray machines were in use for both arrival and departure on all days. I understand they were looking for weapons, drugs, and unauthorized printed material on the way in, and letters and artifacts on the way out.

4 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

On Viking in November, the process was a little different.

We received our visa through Viking's supplier. Received the paper when we boarded.

At our first stop, Cienfuegos, the paper was stamped and taken by the inspector. My wife and I each received a laminated, credit card sized PASS. We were told to present it on each  entry. Nobody asked in Cienfuegos, and the inspection booth was empty on subsequent days.

On our arrival in Santiago de Cuba, inspectors asked to see the pass, and collected it on final departure. The pass wasn't numbered. 

The x-Ray machines were in use for both arrival and departure on all days. I understand they were looking for weapons, drugs, and unauthorized printed material on the way in, and letters and artifacts on the way out.

Your experience is exactly how the Oceania crew explained it to me, therefore the need for two visas on a B2B. Deb☺️