Boarding times for Royal

Tinkers70

Hi all

Asking this question for my brother who isn't on here but is going on his first cruise on Saturday (29th Dec).   I've just sent him a whatsapp message with some tips as it's his first cruise and one of the things I said was to get to the port about 11am for his 4pm sailing.  He's just replied saying he received an email from Princess the other day to say his boarding time is 2pm.   I've only cruised with RCI and NCL before and always got to our port for about 11am.  Just concerned that 2pm is a bit late for boarding when their sailaway time is 4pm.

Can I just check with you guys that this is correct?

Edited by Tinkers70

Princess sends all their passengers a recommended boarding time based on the location of their cabin.  Keep in mind that this is now merely a recommendation and he can show up at 11 AM if he chooses to do so.  He may be asked to wait but chances are, he will get onboard prior to 2 PM.  

Just now, Cruise Raider said:

Princess sends all their passengers a recommended boarding time based on the location of their cabin.  Keep in mind that this is now merely a recommendation and he can show up at 11 AM if he chooses to do so.  He may be asked to wait but chances are, he will get onboard prior to 2 PM.  

Thank you for your reply.  I'll message to let him know.  I just wasn't sure what procedure Princess had for boarding.  I'm sure he'll head down before 2pm anyway as he'll need to check out of his total before 12.

Thank you again 

• Like 1

We will be joining your brother on this cruise!  We are planning to arrive at the port no later than 10am, even though my email said 12:30.  We have always made it a point to arrive early so we have more time to get ourselves organized once we are able to board before they announce the muster drill.  As stated above, he can arrive at any time.  Maybe we will see him onboard!!

4 hours ago, Tinkers70 said:

Hi all

Asking this question for my brother who isn't on here but is going on his first cruise on Saturday (29th Dec).   I've just sent him a whatsapp message with some tips as it's his first cruise and one of the things I said was to get to the port about 11am for his 4pm sailing.  He's just replied saying he received an email from Princess the other day to say his boarding time is 2pm.   I've only cruised with RCI and NCL before and always got to our port for about 11am.  Just concerned that 2pm is a bit late for boarding when their sailaway time is 4pm.

Can I just check with you guys that this is correct?

It's a suggestion. They have been doing that by deck/time for years.

Just arrive when you want.

Lately they have begun boarding priority groups at 11:00am.

The earlier he arrives the earlier the boarding group number he will get albeit after the preferred boarding.

Rarely there can be delayed boarding due to Coast Guard inspections, issues with the arriving cruise etc.