Anthem 8 Day Itinerary PC arrival time change

Jcol5786

We are booked on Anthem for the 8 Night Bahamas cruise. Our itinerary had us arriving at Port Canaveral on day 4 at 7 am and leaving at 7 pm. My wife found on a report on the Anthem FB page that a couple cruising on the Jan 18'th  8 day Anthem cruise had been sent an email indicating that they would be arriving in Port Canaveral on day 3 at 12 pm and not leaving till 8 pm on day 4. If you now go to the RC website and check  the 8 day cruises in Jan and Feb of 2019 they now reflect this modified  schedule. We have not received and email yet from RC and our cruise planner still shows us arriving at PC under the old schedule.

This change does make sense as the 7 day cruise which has the same stops manages to get to PC on day 3, it appears that the extra that the 8 day cruise has is simply a slower cruise speed from NY to PC. This change should allow better options for trips to Disney but does mean spending less time at sea and more time at a port that many don't consider being a great excursion stop.

Edited by Jcol5786

This is very interested.  We are on Anthem in February and we haven't received a change in itinerary email yet either nor has our cruise calendar changed.  I haven't booked our excursion for that port yet and I'm glad because it certainly does make a difference.  I'm glad you posted your finding and I'm interested in hearing what others have to say.  Enjoy your cruise! 

1 hour ago, Jcol5786 said:

We are booked on Anthem for the 8 Night Bahamas cruise. Our itinerary had us arriving at Port Canaveral on day 4 at 7 am and leaving at 7 pm. My wife found on a report on the Anthem FB page that a couple cruising on the Jan 18'th  8 day Anthem cruise had been sent an email indicating that they would be arriving in Port Canaveral on day 3 at 12 pm and not leaving till 8 pm on day 4. If you now go to the RC website and check  the 8 day cruises in Jan and Feb of 2019 they now reflect this modified  schedule. We have not received and email yet from RC and our cruise planner still shows us arriving at PC under the old schedule.

This change does make sense as the 7 day cruise which has the same stops manages to get to PC on day 3, it appears that the extra that the 8 day cruise has is simply a slower cruise speed from NY to PC. This change should allow better options for trips to Disney but does mean spending less time at sea and more time at a port that many don't consider being a great excursion stop.

The January 18th sailing has received a letter with the change, even though the Port Canaveral port calendar is not yet showing the change.  We are on the January 26th sailing and have yet to receive any notification.  The cruise line website now has our sailing listed with 2 February sailings with the itinerary now showing an overnight in Port Canaveral.  There is also a statement stating "port schedule may vary by sail date".  Our cruise planner is still showing the original itinerary.

Hmmm, this is interesting.  We're on the Jan 26 sailing and haven't received anything.  We plan on doing Universal and already booked the RC shuttle excursion.  Rumor has it the shuttle uses almost every hour at the port - hoping that's true, bc would LOVE a full day at Universal!

Edited by Abr155

Forgot to mention in my opening post that we are on the February 23'rd 8 day cruise. We hadn't planned to do anything because of the short stay in Port Canaveral but now with the overnight stay it might be worth renting a car and driving around. We've been to the area many times and enjoy Coco Beach, Orlando etc. We also like going to Blue Springs state park  to see the manatees that often show up there that time of year. That's about a 90 minute drive from the port as I recall. Starting to think the overnight stay is a good idea.

I am on the Jan 18th sailing and although I haven't received an e-mail, my cruise planner does show the change. I'm not complaining as it would give me an extra day to spend with family. I'm also booked on the shuttle to Universal Studios for that Monday and hoping we can get at least 7 hours in the park, I did read on someone's review that they arrived at the park at 9 am and the shuttle left at 4:30 pm to return to the ship.

5 hours ago, EBONI325 said:

I am on the Jan 18th sailing and although I haven't received an e-mail, my cruise planner does show the change. I'm not complaining as it would give me an extra day to spend with family. I'm also booked on the shuttle to Universal Studios for that Monday and hoping we can get at least 7 hours in the park, I did read on someone's review that they arrived at the park at 9 am and the shuttle left at 4:30 pm to return to the ship.

They have just changed the 1/23/2019 Nassau departure time from 11:59 PM to 10:00 PM.

I wonder what is going on.