Holland America's Signature Drink Package

lvcotatian

I am debating getting this drink package on the music cruise I am going on January 5, 2019.  I checked out a menu someone else posted in another post about the Elite Signature drink package and I am wondering if that is the most current menu.  Please let me know if there is anything different about this menu.  I am in hopes that they have improved their beer selection as I am not a big Lager fan, I prefer IPA's and Pale Ales.  Another question is when you buy this drink package does it include all non-alcoholic drinks too?  I certainly don't want to be drinking hard alcohol the entire cruise.  Thank you for your input.  Here is the pdf of the menu I saw posted on the other post: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Beverage-Packages.pdf

It absolutely includes non-alcohol beverages, including smoothies, mocktails, and coffees. Recent reports indicate unlimited non-alcohol drinks in addition to your 15 adult beverages, but you can count on at least 15 combined. 

Can’t speak to the beer. The whole beverage situation seems to be in flux with the new wine program coming in. I hope that better beers find their way on for you, too.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, faerievert said:

It absolutely includes non-alcohol beverages, including smoothies, mocktails, and coffees. Recent reports indicate unlimited non-alcohol drinks in addition to your 15 adult beverages, but you can count on at least 15 combined. 

Can’t speak to the beer. The whole beverage situation seems to be in flux with the new wine program coming in. I hope that better beers find their way on for you, too.

41 minutes ago, lvcotatian said:

I think because it is confusing...is quoting responding to a post?

I guess it could be confusing. You can respond without quoting like I did, but if you do that, the people reading it will not know what you are responding to. I took a chance that no one would "cut in" and respond ahead of me because it is late. You also did it with your post #5. If you wanted to respond to faerievert, you would quote, then type your comment. I don't think just quoting means anything, except if people are meaning to say they appreciate the answer, but then they could add a "thank you" response, or just a ":classic_smile:"

Edited by PSR

If you drink more than 5-6 a day, this includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, you are ahead of the plan's daily charge. Plus, you don't have to worry that an errant extra charge has shown up on your account. It has happened and it's cumbersome to remove. 

As has been pointed out, the package includes adult beverages, water, sparkling water, specialty coffees. 

Remember you will be on a cruise, relaxing among other like minded cruisers, who are partaking of adult beverages, and it's easy to get caught up in the moment. Paying for the drinks outside a package can be very expensive at the end of the cruise. And if you decide to buy the package during the cruise all previous drink still get their regular charge.  

If you do not drink adult beverages or can limit it to a couple a day and have no issue in getting water to drink from the Lido or your bathroom faucet, then the package isn't a good fit. 

19 hours ago, lvcotatian said:

I am in hopes that they have improved their beer selection as I am not a big Lager fan, I prefer IPA's and Pale Ales.

The only IPA I recall is the Lagunitis IPA, which is quite good. It's on the BB King Lounge menu, but you can get it anywhere. I ordered it to pair with my wife's crispy pork belly entrée in the MDR. (There weren't any wines by the glass that paired well. I would have needed something Gamay based like Beaujolais. In any case, IPA is a better pairing.) 

17 minutes ago, lvcotatian said:

Thanks for the info.  Someone mentioned that Lagunitas IPA was also available.  I really hope that is the case on the cruise I am going on as that is one of my favorite beers!

You're welcome. Both were available. They also had Lagunitis' A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' which should be good for an IPA fan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PSR said:

I guess it could be confusing. You can respond without quoting like I did, but if you do that, the people reading it will not know what you are responding to. I took a chance that no one would "cut in" and respond ahead of me because it is late. You also did it with your post #5. If you wanted to respond to faerievert, you would quote, then type your comment. I don't think just quoting means anything, except if people are meaning to say they appreciate the answer, but then they could add a "thank you" response, or just a ":classic_smile:"

👍🏼 I think I get it 🙃

Last cruise (Eurodam Feb 2018 10 days Caribbean) we opted for the elite beverage package.  Yes, it definitely did include special coffees at the explorer cafe, bottled water (between the 2 of us, at least 3-4L daily), Perrier/ san Pelligrino.  Plus access to higher end drinks.  Champaign vs sparkling wine by the glass, much more variety of wines by the glass, top shelf spirits, as well as availability of a decent variety of scotches/brandy/cognac for a nightcap. Doing a detailed analysis of what we might have in a day, was a much better deal than having the same higher quality drinks a la carte, plus having all of the specialty non alcohol beverages included made it worth r while.  All depends on whether you want a package to access the higher quality items, if thats what you prefer.  Currently debating what to choose for upcoming sailing next month. 

51 minutes ago, greensprout said:

Last cruise (Eurodam Feb 2018 10 days Caribbean) we opted for the elite beverage package.  Yes, it definitely did include special coffees at the explorer cafe, bottled water (between the 2 of us, at least 3-4L daily), Perrier/ san Pelligrino.  Plus access to higher end drinks.  Champaign vs sparkling wine by the glass, much more variety of wines by the glass, top shelf spirits, as well as availability of a decent variety of scotches/brandy/cognac for a nightcap. Doing a detailed analysis of what we might have in a day, was a much better deal than having the same higher quality drinks a la carte, plus having all of the specialty non alcohol beverages included made it worth r while.  All depends on whether you want a package to access the higher quality items, if thats what you prefer.  Currently debating what to choose for upcoming sailing next month. 

Thank you!  I opted for the Signature Drink Package. 

Good info here on the drink packages!

LVCOTATIAN-  since this is a charter and not a regular HA cruise, there is a lot of info specific to this trip that you won’t find here (artist schedules, etc.) Have you joined the Facebook group for Sandy Beaches?

I have joined the group but it isn’t like other FB cruise groups i have joined in that there isn’t really interaction between the passengers just info on the cruise.  I miss that.  I also didn’t find a roll call or group here on CC.  If you know of another group on FB or here please send me a link.  Thanks!