Carnival Spirit - Conflicting Information

Obilix

Has anyone sailed on Carnival Spirit lately?

I have read the online alcohol policy and it states only soft drinks (no more than 12 cans of 600ml) can be brought on board.

Then when I google I see a number of posts that say on embarkation a bottle of wine per person is permitted.

Maybe the rules have changed for Australian sailings?

I know it's a pain in the bum question, but there are 7 adults in our party, and we would hate to bring bottles of good quality wine with us only to have them confiscated.

Please help!

3 hours ago, Obilix said:

Has anyone sailed on Carnival Spirit lately?

I have read the online alcohol policy and it states only soft drinks (no more than 12 cans of 600ml) can be brought on board.

Then when I google I see a number of posts that say on embarkation a bottle of wine per person is permitted.

Maybe the rules have changed for Australian sailings?

I know it's a pain in the bum question, but there are 7 adults in our party, and we would hate to bring bottles of good quality wine with us only to have them confiscated.

Please help!

I’m a loyal Royal customer.

But my friend is a loyal carnival customer and was complaining about the new rules and apparently there’s no booze package.

Maybe they have to many drunks?

Hi. We sailed on spirit in September and no BYO alcohol was allowed. Only the soft drink as you said. Alcohol was confiscated at embarkation if found. The do have a wine package that can be puchased on board. I believe it was called cruise the vineyards. There should be info on the carnival aus websitemthat will list the types of wine included. There was a deluxe and premium package. 

1 hour ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Carnival Australia do not allow any alcohol to be carried onboard. Your google search would have brought up the Carnival US rules, which are different and also allow the sale of drinks packages. The 12 cans of soft drink is correct.

Relaxing Robbies.

I’m a loyal RC customer.

just curious have they dropped the drinks package on carnival and what about p&o.

Also if so why.

The reason I ask,maybe RC will do the same.

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Relaxing Robbies.

I’m a loyal RC customer.

just curious have they dropped the drinks package on carnival and what about p&o.

Also if so why.

The reason I ask,maybe RC will do the same.

Royal now have a policy that if one person in a cabin buys a drink package then everyone over the age of 18 in that cabin must buy a drink package.  If one person in the cabin does not drink they are supposed to purchase a soft drink package.  However, this rule can be over-ruled by contacting Royal by telephone in Sydney.

I was on Carnival in June.  Couldn't bring alcohol on board.  At least Carnival drink prices are in AUD and there is no gratuity added (from what I can recall).

Ok; As mentioned above; each of you can bring up to 12 600mls bottles/cans of soft drink/energy/water on board. Carnival charges $2.75 a can of coke or $8.50 per day for unlimited soft drink's. Cheap.

You can't bring any Wine/Beer Or spirits on board. Most beers go for $7.50, Spirits about $9.00 & cocktails $12.95; which is cheap in comparison. 

Of course this is all in Australian Dollars...

The ship is very fun & outgoing; very active (lot's of things to do & entertainment). Food is pretty decent..

Only been on 16 cruises with them. Mostly families (parents about 40 ish & 2 kids 8-12), some older passengers.

Enjoy..