FIRST TIME ON ROYAL SINCE 2011

Hello, I just booked my first cruise on Royal Caribbean since 2011, I sailed on the Freedom in 2010 and the Monarch in 2011. Those are the only Royal Caribbean cruises I have done. I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for March 29th, 2019. Is there anything in particular that I should look forward to on this ship? Anything I should plan on checking out. Please let me know. Thanks!

-  Book your entertainment as soon as it opens

-  See the Aqua show as early in the cruise as offered.   Sea and weather conditions sometimes cause it to be cancelled. 

-  If you like a drink, the bar in Central Park is great.   More low key.  Usually entertainment there in the evenings. 

-  Don’t try and see it all.    This ship is HUGE.   Lots to do all over. 

-  The Boardwalk Hot Dog ship is a tasty lunch 

There’s lots more but I’m sure others will post as well.   We loved Harmony.    You will too.  

Edited by zdad59
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JakePowers28 said:

Hello, I just booked my first cruise on Royal Caribbean since 2011, I sailed on the Freedom in 2010 and the Monarch in 2011. Those are the only Royal Caribbean cruises I have done. I am booked on the Harmony of the Seas for March 29th, 2019. Is there anything in particular that I should look forward to on this ship? Anything I should plan on checking out. Please let me know. Thanks!

Good start on Harmony info:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=51&q=harmony

Leaving Harmony today.  😢. Love it. Good above.  Look for ides of what people pack of you haven’t cruised in a while.  

Check dates on your passports.   Get travel insurance. Research excursion options if you want to look at options outside of Royal offerings but be sure you get back in time.  Download the RC app for use on ship.  Like other poster said, don’t try to do it all.  Many things going on.  Look often for changes in price for internet, drink packages? And dining packages.  Buy before boarding bc the prices appear to go up if you buy it on the ship.  Plenty of drink package posts on this forum to answer those questions.  Watch some periscope videos or You Tube videos of you want to see more.  You may learn more than thought you wanted to know watching this.   This was my second time on Harmony.   You will love it.