Possible 4th Person Cancelation

We have a family cruise scheduled for HOTS. Son is booked as a 4th passenger in a cabin with cousins and Aunt.  Should he need to cancel outside of final payment, do the same non-refundable deposit policies apply ($150 FFC and $100 change fee)? There would still be 3 in the cabin, so hope a cabin change would not be an issue.  TIA

Edited by luv2sailAgain

1 hour ago, luv2sailAgain said:

We have a family cruise scheduled for HOTS. Son is booked as a 4th passenger in a cabin with cousins and Aunt.  Should he need to cancel outside of final payment, do the same non-refundable deposit policies apply ($150 FFC and $100 change fee)? There would still be 3 in the cabin, so hope a cabin change would not be an issue.  TIA

We might have to wait for Ken to chime in, but I believe the rules are different for 3/4 guests.  I thought I read that their deposits get added to the other fares.

8 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thank you!  I was reading other posts and started worrying. I am good at worrying.  I thought that I had checked into this earlier, but I just can't seem to recall.  I was checking the internet, but didn't have much luck. Thanks again!

See #24 in this document:  http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/LTYA_News/17056800_Nonrefundable_FAQ_News.pdf

47 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We might have to wait for Ken to chime in, but I believe the rules are different for 3/4 guests.  I thought I read that their deposits get added to the other fares.

I’ve only seen the information in the link that you posted but I interpret it the same as you.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I had 3 booked in a cabin, one being my son (22). We cancelled son right after final payment, like 78 days out, and got his fare refunded less $100 for change fee. They also made us move cabins into a 2 passenger cabin. When I called the week before, to ask what the cancel fee was, they said we would not have to move cabins but then the 2nd rep made us. And because my 2 girls (twins 20) were in cabin they had to be next door to us so we had to move ours too. ANd got crappier location for same fare we initially paid. We booked on a cruise.

Edited by laumicmah

4 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

There are currently 4 in my son's cabin. If he needs to cancel, there would still be 3 in the cabin. We have 4 cabins in a row. Hopefully, it will work out.  Thanks for the info laumicmah. I'm sorry you had to move.

Good luck to you. If they tell you something that doesn't sound right, maybe hang up and call back for another rep. (if you used a travel agent I think they will have the right info).