New to Celebrity (questions)

teacher2cruiser

My DH and I will be cruising on the Equinox in June.  We have several cruises in our past, but none with Celebrity.

I am coming to the experts with a few questions:

1. When cruising with RCI on sea days at lunch, there was a salad station where you chose your ingredients in the MDR and they prepared individual chopped salads.  We enjoyed this, and I was wondering if this was something done on Celebrity as well.

2.  Is there anything offered at the Mast Grill near the pool other than hamburgers and hot dogs?

3.  What are some inside secrets?  Please include some things we definitely shouldn't miss.

Thanks so much, and Happy New Year!

9 minutes ago, teacher2cruiser said:

My DH and I will be cruising on the Equinox in June.  We have several cruises in our past, but none with Celebrity.

I am coming to the experts with a few questions:

1. When cruising with RCI on sea days at lunch, there was a salad station where you chose your ingredients in the MDR and they prepared individual chopped salads.  We enjoyed this, and I was wondering if this was something done on Celebrity as well.

2.  Is there anything offered at the Mast Grill near the pool other than hamburgers and hot dogs?

3.  What are some inside secrets?  Please include some things we definitely shouldn't miss.

Thanks so much, and Happy New Year!

No Tutti salad on Celebrity. The Mast Grill also offers grilled chicken and french fries. Have you contacted the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and provided them with your C&A numbers. 

We've done 4-5 Celebrity cruises, most recently on Equinox (another on Summit next week!). As davekathey said, no create-your-own salad, grill limited but fine. The LAWN, the lawn, the lawn way up top. Peaceful and lovely. One side is smoking but therefore less crowded. Put your towel on the grass to sunbathe, play croquet. Always a nice solo  musician, lil Sunset bar... Parts will be cordoned off to give te grass a break from time to time but all good. Bocce. Hot glass show further forward. And Solstice deck for sunning & cabanas (one  level up in front of ship).

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

No Tutti salad on Celebrity. The Mast Grill also offers grilled chicken and french fries. Have you contacted the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and provided them with your C&A numbers. 

I have never seen grilled chicken on our cruises at the Mast Grill.  Frozen turkey burgers, yes.  Grilled onions, mushrooms and some sauerkraut are often available there.

Try the Aqua Spa Cafe in the Solarium for lunch.  Healthy but tasty light choices for lunch.

10 hours ago, keesar said:

I have never seen grilled chicken on our cruises at the Mast Grill.  Frozen turkey burgers, yes.  Grilled onions, mushrooms and some sauerkraut are often available there.

Try the Aqua Spa Cafe in the Solarium for lunch.  Healthy but tasty light choices for lunch.

Grilled Chicken was on the Mast Grill menu on our B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April 2018. That's why I posted it. My wife enjoyed the grilled chicken sandwich from the Mast Grill. Veggie burger was also on the Mast Grill menu. Yuck!   The grilled chicken wasn't offered at the Pool Grill (my wife asked) on our September 2018 Infinity cruise but the turkey burger was. My wife also enjoyed it.

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Were you on our B2B cruise on the Equinox March/April 2018. My wife enjoyed the grilled chicken sandwich from the Mast Grill. Veggie burger was also on the Mast Grill menu. Yuck!   The grilled chicken wasn't offered at the Pool Grill (my wife asked) on our September 2018 Infinity cruise but the turkey burger was. My wife also enjoyed it.

No, I was not on that cruise.  We have had  grilled chicken at the Mast Grill years ago but I thought those days were over.  That is good news that a comeback may be in order.  There has been no grilled chicken on Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection in the past year- at least on our cruises.

Veggie and turkey burgers were available but they needed 20-30 minutes to prepare them.  Not sure why...

2 minutes ago, keesar said:

No, I was not on that cruise.  We have had  grilled chicken at the Mast Grill years ago but I thought those days were over.  That is good news that a comeback may be in order.  There has been no grilled chicken on Solstice, Silhouette and Reflection in the past year- at least on our cruises.

Veggie and turkey burgers were available but they needed 20-30 minutes to prepare them.  Not sure why...

Like a lot of things associated with cruising things change. Even from year to year, sailings to sailings and ships to ships.