TUI - Marella Cruise - Adriatic Explorer - Advice Pls

We are going on the Adriatic Explorer cruise with TUI/Marella in June. We've been on a couple of TUI cruises before but this will be the first time with a balcony cabin & I"m wondering if any advice on whereabouts is best on the ship to reserve the cabin?

Also has anyone advice on best trips things to see? 

Thks in advance

Not been on Explorer yet so can't help with which cabin but the Adriatic is a stunning place to cruise most ports have a fantastic sail in and out, Venice is usually an early sail in which would be starboard with port side out, which is our preference. We mainly do our own thing in port but would suggest if its your first time in a particular you do a round trip to take in most of the popular sites, but which cruise are you doing? 

I think there's a slight confusion, are you doing Adriatic Explorer itinerary on Discovery? If so, we were deck 6 midship on port side and had a great cabin.  Looks  a great itinerary and all the places are easy to DIY, you don't  need to book any trips unless any really appeal.

Corfu you can walk into the town, it's  around half an hour.  Dubrovnik has taxis waiting at the port. They will take you to the entrance of the walled city or they will take you on an hour's  tour, good value as they take you to the top of the hill where the cable car goes and saves you the cost of the cable car, they will then drop you at the city walls.  Venice is just great to wander around, getting lost in the backstreets is great fun and you always end up by the Grand Canal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

Deck 6 midships - above the atrium and next to the coffee shop There are 6 lifts and access to every deck is central to everything

Thanks, makes sense, we don't have a very good sense of direction at the best of times :)

14 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Corfu you can walk into the town, it's  around half an hour.  Dubrovnik has taxis waiting at the port. They will take you to the entrance of the walled city or they will take you on an hour's  tour, good value as they take you to the top of the hill where the cable car goes and saves you the cost of the cable car, they will then drop you at the city walls.  Venice is just great to wander around, getting lost in the backstreets is great fun and you always end up by the Grand Canal.

Thanks, useful info :)

We are sailing on the Discovery on the Adriatic Explorer Itinerary and this is the first time we have done a TUI cruise as we have previously been with Royal Caribbean around the Caribbean so any advice you can give us on your return would be great as we sail on 12 July this year.

I would be interested to know if they did any package deals for eating in the speciality restaurants.  I saw that Kora La was £19.95 per person and Surf and Turf £24.95 per person (not sure about other speciality restaurants).

9 hours ago, melodie12 said:

We are sailing on the Discovery on the Adriatic Explorer Itinerary and this is the first time we have done a TUI cruise as we have previously been with Royal Caribbean around the Caribbean so any advice you can give us on your return would be great as we sail on 12 July this year.

I would be interested to know if they did any package deals for eating in the speciality restaurants.  I saw that Kora La was £19.95 per person and Surf and Turf £24.95 per person (not sure about other speciality restaurants).

I'll definitely pop back with more info on our return from the TUI Cruise. We're planning a trip with Royal Carrebean as our next one on the Symphony Of The Seas which looks just amazing :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:51 PM, melodie12 said:

Funnily enough this we'll be our 3rd time with TUI but we are definately going with Royal Carribean next year as we watched  a program about the humungous Symphony Of The Seas and have decide we have to go on it next year :)

Last time we went with TUI they were offering a discount for booking in all three speciality restaurants, the Thai was really nice and we wnbt in a second (name I forget) serving steaks, fish etc which was really nice too.  You do get  2 or 3 standard restaurants incuded with waiter service as well as the buffer restaurants. The standard restaurants with waiter service were of a very good standard  we thought :)

This drinks package is a contentious issue, they do NOT include some run of the mill popular brands of drinks in the standrard package. I assume the aim to give people a nudge to upgrade to the premium drinks package, quite a few people were cheesed off with this tactic.

TUI are very good at the entertainment side of things, everytime we've been on a TUI ship we thought the entertainment teams were fantastic and their shows in the evenings were amazing....

Will give you an update when we get back we're doing 7 days Adriatic Explorer cruise then 7 days in Sidari, Corfu :)

• Thanks 1