Early Saver vs. Funtastic Savings?

gemduncan

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of Early Saver vs. Funtastic Savings?

I have pretty much decided on the Legend ship for Western Caribbean Plus Cozumel 7 day cruise in March 2020. I'm booking an Ocean Suite. I am planning to buy the vacation insurance. However, my only fear is that my husband will cancel on me last minute. (He has done this to me before). If my husband cancels on me last minute, I will still take my daughter on the cruise. 

Check with Carnival.  How soon before sailing you can change a name without penalty differs with each rate.  There is always a penalty to change names with Early Saver.

You might also ask if you book a two person cabin with the second passenger's name to be determined later, how long do you have to add that name.

Edited by bury me at sea

18 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Check with Carnival.  How soon before sailing you can change a name without penalty differs with each rate.  There is always a penalty to change names with Early Saver.

You might also ask if you book a two person cabin with the second passenger's name to be determined later, how long do you have to add that name.

Thank you! Is that the only difference between ES and Funsaver? 

• Like 1

I suggest you call Carnival.  They have various rates with sometimes subtle differences.

Early Saver is generally the least expensive and the most restrictive.

Some rates are for "guarantee"cabins, though I doubt if any are available this far from your sail date.  That guarantees you a cabin type, e.g. ocean view, balcony, etc. with no choice of specific cabin or location.

Early Saver is the only rate that allows taking advantage of price reductions after final payment date.  In the last several years this has happened infrequently.

Carnival reps will be happy to answer your specific questions about different rates.  So would a good travel agent.

The only other thing I can say is that my family and I enjoy sailing with Carnival.  The value received for price paid doesn't seem to be as good as it was in the past, but there's still a lot of value, fun, general comfort, and mostly good food included.

33 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I suggest you call Carnival.  They have various rates with sometimes subtle differences.

Early Saver is generally the least expensive and the most restrictive.

Some rates are for "guarantee"cabins, though I doubt if any are available this far from your sail date.  That guarantees you a cabin type, e.g. ocean view, balcony, etc. with no choice of specific cabin or location.

Early Saver is the only rate that allows taking advantage of price reductions after final payment date.  In the last several years this has happened infrequently.

Carnival reps will be happy to answer your specific questions about different rates.  So would a good travel agent.

The only other thing I can say is that my family and I enjoy sailing with Carnival.  The value received for price paid doesn't seem to be as good as it was in the past, but there's still a lot of value, fun, general comfort, and mostly good food included.

I booked our very first Carnival Cruise using the Early Saver deal. After talking to a rep, this deal worked for me. It is not fully refundable, but I can transfer the money to another Carnival Cruise date with $50 per person penalty fee.  I can also change the name for a $50 penalty fee. My husband said he is glad that I picked the Grand Cayman and Belize ports because he can go diving. And I also purchased the vacation insurance.  I also told them the "Anytime Dining" option. Now I get to research excursions. Let the fun planning begin! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gemduncan said:

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of Early Saver vs. Funtastic Savings?

I have pretty much decided on the Legend ship for Western Caribbean Plus Cozumel 7 day cruise in March 2020. I'm booking an Ocean Suite. I am planning to buy the vacation insurance. However, my only fear is that my husband will cancel on me last minute. (He has done this to me before). If my husband cancels on me last minute, I will still take my daughter on the cruise. 

Funtastic Savings is the name of the current sale promotion.    It is time sensitive till 12/31. It may  not may not be a fare savings for you. The booking I looked at included all fare types including Early Saver so you have that option. 

Early Saver does allow for name change for 50.00 so that might fit your need.