Upper or Sofa Bed?

Smokey596

This will be just my third cruise, so I'm researching a lot before committing to a booking. Can anyone tell me...when looking at interior staterooms on Carnival ships...when it says your room will have an upper bunk OR a sofa bed...will I get a choice later or will it randomly be assigned? I think we can handle an upper, but not a sofa bed. Thanks for any help you can give!

I can only speak from experience where we've had uppers twice...I wouldn't do it. The first time that happened to us, I decided to take one for the team and sleep on it, since I'm usually the one who sleeps on the sofa bed anyway. The mattress was VERY thin and I had a hard time sleeping since all I could feel was the hard plate underneath. I also woke up very sore and stiff every morning to the point I had to soak in the hot tub for awhile before my muscles and joints were loosened up enough for me to move about comfortably. I was also terrified if I had to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'd fall off the ladder.

I'd pick a sofa bed or even a trundle over an upper any day of the week. Only once have I had an uncomfortable bed and that was a trundle that sorta collapsed in the middle. I "fixed" it by shoving what I THINK was some sort of crib mattress I found under the bed in the spot that liked to collapse on me and it SORT of helped. Every time I've had a sofa bed, it was pretty dadgummed comfortable.

• Like 1

Your chances of a sofabed in an inside cabin on a Carnival ship are very slim.  You might have one in a porthole cabin, and the new insides on Elation and Paradise on deck 14 have a couch.  But as a rule, inside cabins do not have a sofa, just uppers.  EM

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the information! I see now where when I get to a certain point selecting a room I can see what the beds are. Now I am wanting twin beds and am I correct that a room will have two beds which can or may be pushed together as one but we can request them to be two?