Dickenson, Carlisle, or Hawksbill??

cathi007

We will be in Antigua in a few weeks and we were all set to go to Dickenson Bay, but now we are confused. We have 2 children 14 months and 3. We love to snorkel and we need clean restrooms, lounge rentals, and a beach bar. Thanks for any help 🙂

Edited by cathi007
spelling

11 hours ago, cathi007 said:

We will be in Antigua in a few weeks and we were all set to go to Dickenson Bay, but now we are confused. We have 2 children 14 months and 3. We love to snorkel and we need clean restrooms, lounge rentals, and a beach bar. Thanks for any help 🙂

We're planning to do Dickenson beach in a week or so and for all the reasons you've listed...why are you rethinking this beach?  Have you heard something I haven't?  We've done Valley Church before and Dickenson sounded nicer from what I've read...

4 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We're planning to do Dickenson beach in a week or so and for all the reasons you've listed...why are you rethinking this beach?  Have you heard something I haven't?  We've done Valley Church before and Dickenson sounded nicer from what I've read...

I heard reviews that the locals selling their stuff on the beach are very pushy, some people said it was so bad they left after 15 mins. Also heard the snorkeling is better on Carlisle. I think I'll chance Dickenson, please report back when you get back, we leave on the 20th. Have an amazing cruise 🙂

2 hours ago, cathi007 said:

I heard reviews that the locals selling their stuff on the beach are very pushy, some people said it was so bad they left after 15 mins. Also heard the snorkeling is better on Carlisle. I think I'll chance Dickenson, please report back when you get back, we leave on the 20th. Have an amazing cruise 🙂

Yes, that would be annoying when you're trying to relax!  We'll still go but we don't get back until the 19th (14 night cruise) so might be too late for you but I'll def update when we return so if you have wifi and are on the boards I'll let you know how our experience goes and you can decide from there.  So excited!!

We looked at Hawksbill where there’s 4 beaches.  Because it is a resort, and cost of 75/pp all inclusive, breakfast, lunch afternoon tea, pool and all amenities, I would think there’d be security to keep any vendors off the beaches.  The flip side ... in November theres some pretty disappointing reviews...turned us off. 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, cathi007 said:

🙂

Edited by cathi007

On 1/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

Yes, that would be annoying when you're trying to relax!  We'll still go but we don't get back until the 19th (14 night cruise) so might be too late for you but I'll def update when we return so if you have wifi and are on the boards I'll let you know how our experience goes and you can decide from there.  So excited!!

Thanks, I will keep checking back. I have to be careful because we are cruising with our grand children 3, and 14 months. We want a beach that doesn't have a large step into the water. We will probably do Dickenson too, but I will try and keep an eye out for your comments. Have a great cruise 🙂