Did I get a good deal

lagienomai

So I am booked on the Magic in October in a Cove Balcony. So I long in and apparently Carnival has started offering upsell offers to existing bookings when you log in. When I logged in the other day the upgrade to go to a spa balcony for 254.00. Does this seem like a decent deal. I took it regardless bc had thought about buying the week pass when we were booked cove which is about this price anyway.

If YOU are happy then it's a good deal and that's all that matters. Not knowing the exact cabin numbers I don't know if you are getting a better cabin or not. There are good and bad cove balcony locations, and there are good and bad spa balcony locations. BTW, a couples pass for the spa on a 7 day cruise is $219. :classic_cool:

Only you can decide if it was a good deal. Hopefully you looked at what the going rate was of the spa cabin and compared it to the rate you were paying for the cove. If the difference was more than the upsell price, then it was a good deal. 

Personally, I would have kept the cove because I love cove balconies. But that’s me. 

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

If YOU are happy then it's a good deal and that's all that matters. Not knowing the exact cabin numbers I don't know if you are getting a better cabin or not. There are good and bad cove balcony locations, and there are good and bad spa balcony locations. BTW, a couples pass for the spa on a 7 day cruise is $219. :classic_cool:

Its room 12019. Thanks for reminding me of the price. I knew it was 200 something when we did it on the Vista. 

5 hours ago, crazycatlady82 said:

Where did you see that at? I just logged in and didn’t see an upgrade option for my sailing in August....

It was just a random offer when I logged in. Have never seen one like this before I have just been called about upsell. Someone else on my sailing just received this offer as well. 

2 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Only you can decide if it was a good deal. Hopefully you looked at what the going rate was of the spa cabin and compared it to the rate you were paying for the cove. If the difference was more than the upsell price, then it was a good deal. 

Personally, I would have kept the cove because I love cove balconies. But that’s me. 

Yeah wish I could tell but when doing a mock booking spa was no longer available. My 11 year old will be happy being close to waterworks and the sport square so guess it is a win win in a way.

• Like 1