Want to know which Koningsdam verandah cabins have a decent size verandah.

igar39

On one of our HAL cruises the veranda was so small that the front legs of the chair I sat on were in the gutter.

Which category verandah cabin should we avoid.   On our last cruise in November the  Future cruise consultant kept saying the cabins are so small.  We have been in Lanai cabins which are small.  So I think 'small' on Koningsdam would be ok.  Just want a decent size verandah.  Any recommendation and also any cabins to avoid?

We had VB4209 on Koningsdam recently which is aft starboard.  Very deep -about 10 feet.  Clear rail.  Those far forward might have solid rails,  but aft are clear. Found size of cabin to be adequate.  Didn't notice significant difference from Vista class ships.

Jane

Just had VB 4164 on port side aft--loved the big balcony.  It's a great location because the elevators are quick in the back--they never use those elevators on port days to get people to deck A.  One flight down the stairs to the dining room or to Grand Dutch Cafe for morning coffee.

I was in 5113 and the balcony was angled and large.  The downfall is if you don't like connecting rooms it connects with 5111 but even with the door cracked I didn't hear my friend's loud TV.  Even larger is the neighboring cabin 5115.  Look at the ship diagram and you will see that these are nice sized balconies.  

I was contemplating going on this ship.  There are some lovely huge verandahs on the 4th level as others have reported.  The verandahs are quite nice.  Just check the deck plans and you can see the difference. 😉 

We were in 4033 recently and the balcony is really nice and large.  Only problem was it was windy a number of days and not enjoyable to sit out on the balcony.  it was a transatlantic crossing cruise.  The ocean was really quiet and we had a good ride.

6 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

I was in 5113 and the balcony was angled and large.  The downfall is if you don't like connecting rooms it connects with 5111 but even with the door cracked I didn't hear my friend's loud TV.  Even larger is the neighboring cabin 5115.  Look at the ship diagram and you will see that these are nice sized balconies.  

I wouldn't want that surprise if I booked cabin 5113 and found out it was a connecting cabin.  HAL might want to correct the deck plan. 

snipKonigsdam.PNG

Texas Hikers - no real noise from the hallway or elevators and it is really convenient to the elevators.  There is a corner to walk around to get to the elevator doors.   We were on the Iberian Adventure so the passengers may be different than on our cruise so people may be up later on your trip.  We were really happy with our balconies, our rooms and our stewards.   

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

4154 and 4156 are MASSIVE, double deep and double wide.  We scored both between our family and my in laws.  Made a great "racetrack" for the kids driving their strollers around.

kdam4156-4154.thumb.JPG.f0619c973604921b7fecd8af488a84f9.JPG

1 hour ago, EbayCruiser said:

Yes, 4154 & 4156 are the largest and are usually the first to go.