Nexus

cheryl8503

Hi

There is no dedicated "Nexus" line. The disembarkation customs process is typically not more than two questions. For a non resident, one question is usually "When are you leaving the country?" The other question is usually something like "did you have a good cruise", then something like have a good day. You can't expedite this much more. Of course, you could be in a long line, that might take some time. As I said there is no Nexus line, just be patient. I would imagine you would be heading to an airport, It certainly wouldn't be any worse than that.

have a great cruise

No idea which port you're talking about OP - if it's one of the few with a Global Entry line then NEXUS works as per usual to gain access to that line. If it's not one of those ports, no special treatment whatsoever but of course NEXUS remains valid for US immigration purposes so you could use it instead of your passport (but you do run the risk of an ignorant CBP agent not recognizing it as valid and having to show your passport anyway - which I imagine you will have, as a Canadian cruising into the US in Jan it seems highly unlikely that you will not be flying to/from the US and while in theory a NEXUS card is legal all on its own provided the airports have kiosks, in practise most airlines refuse to allow it in my experience).

We used our Nexus card this past Sunday, getting off the Regal Princess at Pt Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. We bypassed a huuuuge regular line and only had two families in front of us in the Nexus/Global Entry line. We still did need to show our passports, of course. Even though there was a line clearly marked Global Entry, the first attendant tried to make us go through the regular line. We found a second attendant who opened up the Global Entry line for us. We've found that to be the case at PE - some attendants don't seem to know about the separate lines, so we keep going until we find one who knows about GE. Would have taken us at least 45 min in the regular line, but we were out in 5 in the GE line.

Edited by h-sar