Rental car drop off at Port Everglades?

October17

Hi, I rented a car from Alamo, pick up at Miami airport and drop off at Port Everglades. The drop off address is 1700 Eller Dr. I have tried looking at maps and satellite pictures, but can’t figure out distances etc.

So my question is: willl I be able to drop off the family and luggage by the port, drive to drop off my rental car, and get back to the port area and my family without too much hassle? Security checkpoints and walking/driving/shuttle etc

We recently rented a car from Alamo at that Eller Drive location.  It's not very far from Port Everglades, but you'll need to take their shuttle to the cruise terminal.

As for dropping your family and luggage off before you return the car, I've never driven into Port Everglades, so I hope others will reply as to that.  Depending on time of day, how many ships in port, etc., I suppose it might be too much of a hassle -- you might want to all go directly to Alamo, return the car, then all take the shuttle back.  (I realize this involves some schlepping of luggage....)  

One tip: the folks at Alamo were telling people who were returning cars later that day to try to do so no later than early afternoon, after which it could get very busy.  (There were about 6 ships in port that day.)

We recently rented a car through Alamo at FLL and returned it at the Eller Drive location.  We were not able to enter the port from Eisenhower to get to Alamo, so had to head toward the airport and enter Alamo through a back street, entering in the auto pick-up area. Given logistics - got directly to Alamo, family & luggage, return the vehicle and hop onto their shuttle  - van driver assisted with luggage, and then go to PE. We returned our car shortly after 10:am, the shuttle van - more akin to a mini bus - was adjacent to the car drop lanes. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

Can’t speak for Alamo, but multiple times have dropped bags off at the terminal then went and dropped Budget rental off and took shuttle back to board. Just need to show passport and cruise ticket at Port Everglades car gate to drive to terminal. Much easier to drop luggage then take it in rental car shuttle.

We plan on returning our rental to Alamo on Eller around 11:30 AM and taking the shuttle to the Edge.  Does anyone know the approximate wait time for a shuttle?  If the wait is long, did anyone notice people taking Uber or calling a taxi?  Thank you!!!