MSC Meraviglia-Norwegian Fjords- Hellesylt/Geiranger

CruiseIreland

10 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Are you off Friday and boarding Saturday? I'm going to be checking the schedules LOL

Yes, we have 2 nights in Copenhagen before boarding on Sunday. The Euro has us spoiled. 9 days of mental gymnastics between DKK and NOK in two of Europe's most expensive countries! Bea, bring a soft bag you can squash if necessary! Ken

• Like 1

Cheers, Ken!  I have a couple of bags that are a little smaller than the regular cabin-sized bags which I reckon will "pass".  I've made a note in my "Preziosa 2020" folder about it - it's the first (and only) entry ... so far!  

I'm watching the news for the outcome of the court case and hoping the judge will grant the injunction.  I read an interesting piece in the Indo online on the subject which states:

Only flights to and from the UK rather than European holiday routes may be affected, as was the case during last year's strikes by roughly the same number of pilots.

The budget airline managed to keep the vast portion of its fleet in the air because only 180 of its 400-strong pilot crew based in Ireland mounted pickets.

Totally agree about being spoiled with the Euro - we tend to take it for granted as we don't have to exchange currency for most of our cruises (including our upcoming one).  I'm tracking the US$ and it's not good at the moment.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

Yes, we have 2 nights in Copenhagen before boarding on Sunday. The Euro has us spoiled. 9 days of mental gymnastics between DKK and NOK in two of Europe's most expensive countries! Bea, bring a soft bag you can squash if necessary! Ken

We've visited several of the Scandinavian cities in the last couple of years, in the end I ceased to do any currency conversion. It was less depressing! 

It was very surprising that only the UK flights were impacted last year Bea.... it was the week we were flying 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Geiranger/Hellesylt. The order of docking at Hellesylt or Geiranger seems to vary fortnight to fortnight. As we docked at Hellesylt at 0730, we proceeded on to Geiranger where we remained until 1700. I expect that next week the Meraviglia will dock at Geiranger first, leaving at 1400 for Hellesylt. This link is invaluable for checking the exact times http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/cruise-calls

Edited by CruiseIreland