Carnival Reversing Room Service Charges

mmbaldwin

I have been on ten Carnival Cruises and 21 RCCL cruises and the amount of food waste, especially in the buffet is enormous.

The guest passengers have only themselves to blame. I see guest load up their plate or plates I should say and they leave at least half of the food that has to be discarded. The guest can take a reasonable amount of food and if they want more they can always get another plate. "Take all you can eat, but EAT ALL THAT YOU TAKE!. Also, small children should not be allowed to fill their plates, as there is an more than half left over, however the parents in this case are to blame. Would you take this much food at home, I doubt it. Guests have to take a reasonable amount of food and eat everything on their plate. I don't believe that a room service charge is a way to cut down on food waste as most of the time, the food brought to the state room is a reasonable amount, and the same goes for the dining room, except for gluttonous guests that order three or four appetizers and two or three entries and desserts. COME ON CRUISER'S WAKE UP and take a reasonable amount of food and eat all that you take or order, don't be a "pig" about it.

Great News!  We enjoy the BLT sometimes in the afternoon and I was looking forward to it during our March cruise.  We never over order for room service, what's the point when you have food available all over the ship?  Happy to say, we eat what we order & we always tip a couple of bucks:)

Happy Cruising:)

We have been pretty loyal to Carnival for several years (over 25 cruises) and have noticed a lot of cutbacks and changes that are not very customer friendly and the service is nothing near what it was several years ago. I'm starting to rethink the whole cruising plans and starting to look at more land vacations and all inclusive ones. Seems that customer loyalty doesn't mean much to Carnival anymore.

• Like 2

You know I thought about switching to more land based vacations. I went to Orange Beach Alabama over the summer. 4 nights on the beach and eating out for 4 in the evenings I spent 3000. I came back home and booked my next cruise. No more where we going to eat hour long discussions either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CaneDawg said:

You know I thought about switching to more land based vacations. I went to Orange Beach Alabama over the summer. 4 nights on the beach and eating out for 4 in the evenings I spent 3000. I came back home and booked my next cruise. No more where we going to eat hour long discussions either.

Opposite experience for me to each his own.i like an occasional cruise but we had more fun and variety with land vacations.cruises are cookie cutter.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, mmbaldwin said:

John Heald just announced.... they are making adjustments to the original plan, and until finalized, no charges for room service except for after 10pm (has always been the case).... 

Actually all room service was free even after 10 pm until fairly recently (January 2018) . Charging after 10 was probably the first baby steps to charging for all room service.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1