Gluten Free Dining

KARENMAZ

Hi All,

We're sailing Oceania for the first time in April on the Mariner.  I eat gluten free (intolerence, not celiac) and would like comments and recommendations about gluten friendly dining experiences on Oceania.  Thanks in advance!

They will give you the next day’s menu from which you may select your dinner. Also, make sure you mention your gluten free diet to your waiters, chefs and maitre’d at all dining venues including the Terrace Cafe. Be careful of soy and teriyaki sauces because most are made with wheat. Unfortunately I’ve had to bring my own soy sauce for the sushi at the Terrace Cafe at many dinners.

I’m gluten free by necessity and O is very accommodating and the gluten free pasta is decent.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

They will give you the next day’s menu from which you may select your dinner. Also, make sure you mention your gluten free diet to your waiters, chefs and maitre’d at all dining venues including the Terrace Cafe. Be careful of soy and teriyaki sauces because most are made with wheat. Unfortunately I’ve had to bring my own soy sauce for the sushi at the Terrace Cafe at many dinners.

I’m gluten free by necessity and O is very accommodating and the gluten free pasta is decent.

+1

The overview is that, after being notified of the passengers food sensitivity, Oceania will supply menus for the Grand Dining Room , which have been screened for that preference.  One of the Chefs will also meet with that passenger on Embarkation day.

The menus in the Specialty restaurants and Waves are constant, so any lingering doubts about them are easily addressed at that meeting.

Buffets are problematic if specific information is required, but the staff are happy to check if there is a question.

Just don't be in a hurry. 😞

• Like 1