Mahjong on Pursuit

btaylor1200

We are sailing three back to backs on the Azamara Pursuit this spring. Is Mahjong offered as an activity on board? Do they have the game sets available for passengers to use? I'm hoping I don't need to bring my own as that will mean sacrificing something else when I pack. :classic_blink:

I know that I have seen people playing on Azamara ships.  Don't know if the brought the set or there was one on board.  Also, what do you do if the sets on board have some tiles missing because people are careless.

DON

There were sets aboard Journey. I would call customer relations to make sure they have them on Pursuit or can order them. Make sure you specify American mahj.

usually there are not many sea days but we played a couple days on a 10 night.

There were sets on Pursuit.  According to the Insider you got them from guest relations not from the games cupboard in the living room.  I’m not sure how complete they were.  I don’t play so wouldn’t have understood! 

On 1/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, btaylor1200 said:

We are sailing three back to backs on the Azamara Pursuit this spring. Is Mahjong offered as an activity on board? Do they have the game sets available for passengers to use? I'm hoping I don't need to bring my own as that will mean sacrificing something else when I pack. :classic_blink:

I have not been on Pursuit yet but the other 2 ships have had MJ sets on board. I usually ask on the R/C if there are other players and have always been able to have games. As mentioned be sure to bring your card as there might not be ones inside the sets...and do count the tiles to be sure they are all there! Are you on the T/A this spring from Rio to Lisbon? LuAnn

On 1/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, btaylor1200 said:

Are you by chance on the April 13 sailing Barcelona to Monte Carlo? I would love to play if there is time on the port intensive cruise.

anne

Thanks Anne and LuAnn.  We will be on Pursuit from Lisbon to Rome, so hopefully we will see Anne on board (and maybe play some Mahjong).  I decided to pack a travel set so I know we will have a complete set on board.

I appreciate all the responses!

10 minutes ago, btaylor1200 said:

Thanks Anne and LuAnn.  We will be on Pursuit from Lisbon to Rome, so hopefully we will see Anne on board (and maybe play some Mahjong).  I decided to pack a travel set so I know we will have a complete set on board.

I appreciate all the responses!

I recommend you join the roll call and register for the meet and mingle. Maybe we can get some others interested for mahjong. My cabin number is 6052. Hope to meet you onboard.

anne

Please "keep this under your hat" but DH and I have jumped back on board the T/A from Rio to Lisbon! He had been ill and we didn't make final payment...but he is feeling better so we re-booked this week! I have a lot of friends on board and haven't put this on the R/C yet...but will probably do that tomorrow. I know for sure that there is one other player who will be on board so we can at least have 4 players!! And we can ask to have them put it in the daily program I think as well. LuAnn

• Like 1