Blu on Reflection

The Odd Couple

We're not cruise newbies but have never sailed with Celebrity, so would appreciate any comments/thoughts you may have about Blu.  We will be in Aqua class so do we have to make a reservation, or can we just turn up as and when?  Thanks for your advice.

No reservations are taken for Blu.  When you board you will find a card in your cabin with a suggested time to dine on the first night.  It is a suggestion you can go at anytime.  The first night in the dining rooms tend to be a little chaotic as folks get settled so may be a short wait. 

We enjoy joy the food in Blu and a being in a smaller dining room that the MDR.

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No reservations are taken for Blu.  When you board you will find a card in your cabin with a suggested time to dine on the first night.  It is a suggestion you can go at anytime.  The first night in the dining rooms tend to be a little chaotic as folks get settled so may be a short wait. 

We enjoy joy the food in Blu and a being in a smaller dining room that the MDR.

As said above, no reservations.  You may have to wait if you show up during prime time, around 7pm, or right after the first show.  They will give you a little buzzer with lights, then you can head back to the Ensemble Lounge for a pre-dinner drink.   

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, stevetod said:

I will be on the reflection on April 1 and also dining in Blu. On formal nights can I go to Blu without dressing up ( just a dress shirt and pants)?

Yes.  On my last cruise on the Reflection, that is how I dressed every night for Blu.

3 hours ago, stevetod said:

I will be on the reflection on April 1 and also dining in Blu. On formal nights can I go to Blu without dressing up ( just a dress shirt and pants)?

Several years ago, Celebrity did away with formal nights and now has "elegant chic" nights instead where you will see anything from designer jeans to tuxes in the MDR. However, the dress code in Blu is always "smart casual" even on the elegant chic nights.

On 1/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, SCGirl3211 said:

If Blu is your assigned dining spot are you allowed to dine in the MDR with reservations?

You are allowed to use Anytime Dining in the MDR on a space available basis - generally not a problem.  Regarding reservations, not sure if you can make them yourself through the normal methods for regular Anytime Diners; but you can always ask the Blu's Maitre D' to make a reservation in the MDR for you.