Happy 15th Birthday Queen Mary 2

Host Hattie

September of 2004 was my first voyage on QM2 and it was a grand experience. We traveled from London Victoria on a special "Orient Express" train where lunch was served. When we arrived at the Queen Elizabeth Terminal in Southampton, the train pulled along side the terminal and we went right in. It was already mid afternoon, so most passengers were already aboard. It was a grand experience, and I still see friends we made on that first voyage. I am sure my next voyage will be just as much fun. I am looking forward to it immensely.

Hi, 

It is hard to believe the QM2 is already 15 years old. I clearly remember when the ship was first announced.

In 2001, I did a special Queen Mary theme crossing on the QE2 in celebration of the 65th anniversary of the first Queen Mary and a preview of the upcoming QM2. Some of the designers of the QM2, including Stephen Payne, provided lectures and insights of the new liner. Also, Pamela Conover (the president of Cunard at the time) participated in the events. This crossing remains one of my favorite trips.

I first sailed aboard the QM2 in May 2004. I am looking forward to my seventh trip aboard the QM2 this April.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9