cruise mate backing out?

So we have just paid in full.  I'm wondering if my cruise mate is looking at backing out.   

If she does, I understand she can get a partial refund within a certain time frame.

I still want to go but would it cost me more?  Would they make me pay a single supplement?

Help!

Just now, ishophepays said:

So we have just paid in full.  I'm wondering if my cruise mate is looking at backing out.   

If she does, I understand she can get a partial refund within a certain time frame.

I still want to go but would it cost me more?  Would they make me pay a single supplement?

Help!

You would have to pay the full cabin costs or basically you are paying the exact same as what the 2 of you paid less the port fees and taxes for one person.  I’m not sure that one person cancelling would result in a refund for that person.  Did each of you pay separately.

Name changes can be done up to 24 hours in advance if you know someone else that would like to go.

28 minutes ago, ishophepays said:

both were paid on my credit card

So if she backed out the only difference would be she could get port taxes back and I would have the cabin to myself?

Yes

you are best off just to have her be a no show at the pier.  Taxes will be automatically refunded.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 hours ago, ishophepays said:

both were paid on my credit card

So if she backed out the only difference would be she could get port taxes back and I would have the cabin to myself?

So you put everything on your credit card...did she pay you? If she's a no show the credit card used to make final payment will be credited back the port fees & taxes. If you have ended up paying for everything she has nothing coming back to her but the disappointment you should have with her based on the reason she is backing out.....Enjoy the cruise and the cabin to yourself unless you can find another "friend" to take her place.

Maybe I am cruel, but even if she paid her half, if she cancels, I would request that any refund be given to me to offset the solo supplement.

So she gets NO refund.  So then, it is best to just have her no show.  

Of course, if SHE can find someone acceptable to YOU to take her place, they can make any financial arrangements that they want.